VICE News Tonight is looking for an office-based Associate Producer to assist senior management with coordinating schedules, running meetings/screenings, supporting our production team and producers, researching for associate producers, and much more. This Associate Producer would have the opportunity to work directly with the executive producers of the award-winning series and become an integral part of the team. Pristine organizational skills and a love for movies is a must.
- Pitching stories, producing segments and booking guests as needed
- Conducting in-depth research and distilling it into format required by producer
- Heavy research and vertical development on various topics.
- Producing graphics and work with various other producers.
- Researching and clearing archival
- Researching and clearing music
- Maintaining post production schedules
- Maintaining releases and filing in the Vice system
- Working with Producers to close out jobs and fill out red sheets.
- Networking and representing VICE as needed at various events
- Other duties and/or special projects as assigned.
EXPERIENCE / EDUCATION:
- Bachelors/equivalent experience in journalism a must, as is knowledge of the current global media environment.
- 1 or more years experience in broadcast news, documentary film, or other digital media production
- Excellent research skills
- Ability to persuade via written and verbal communication
- Demonstrated expertise in the news & documentary field.
- Ability to assist with the editing of segments
- Ability to work in a Mac work environment
- Be a deadline-driven, goal oriented, multi-tasker
- Language skills are a plus
- Ability to shoot and edit is plus
If you require a reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Equal Employment Opportunities: VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create and maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion and diversity. At VICE, we understand that inclusion and diversity is a major benefit to our employees, our readers and viewers, and our company culture. We treat all applicants and employees fairly without regard to age, alienage or citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status and partnership status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion/creed, sexual orientation, arrest or conviction record, caregiver status, credit history, unemployment status, salary history, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking and sex offenses, status as a veteran or active military service member, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
VICE requires that all employees have proper authorization to work in the U.S. Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the New York City Fair Chance Act or other applicable laws.
*Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation. The requirements and essential functions described above are not an exhaustive list and instead are meant to describe the general nature and level of work required of the job. VICE reserves the right to modify the essential functions of this position where a legitimate business exists.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless otherwise indicated, VICE does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes.