Broadly is looking for a senior editor to join our editorial team. The ideal candidate would provide guidance to junior members of our staff and contribute to our generation-defining, women-focused coverage. The senior editor will be expected to write original pieces, commission articles from freelancers, as well as help with top edits and give final publication approval on pieces from our staff writers. This person will focus on leading the lifestyle coverage for Broadly and should be well versed on topics that range from sex and relationships to identity politics to health and wellness, and have an insatiable drive for finding unique ways to talk about issues and that shape our lives and personal experiences. This is a fast-paced work environment; the ability to work quickly under pressure while maintaining high editorial standards is essential.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee lifestyle coverage for Broadly team
- Act as an editorial resource for junior members of the team
- Assign, edit, and approve daily content from writers, ensuring the quality of all lifestyle content published on Broadly
- Commission and edit 3–5 original pieces per week and provide daily top edits for staff stories
- Oversee cross-vertical content initiatives in the lifestyle space
- Shape and drive the voice of the site
- Work with EIC and managing editor to coordinate content
- 4+ years experience as an editor at a notable publication or high-volume website covering culture, pop culture, and/or entertainment
- Knowledge of the current global media environment and the VICE brand
- Ability to multitask and perform well under pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with all social media platforms, CMS, and Photoshop
If you require a reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Equal Employment Opportunities: VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create and maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion and diversity. At VICE, we understand that inclusion and diversity is a major benefit to our employees, our readers and viewers, and our company culture. We treat all applicants and employees fairly without regard to age, alienage or citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status and partnership status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion/creed, sexual orientation, arrest or conviction record, caregiver status, credit history, unemployment status, salary history, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking and sex offenses, status as a veteran or active military service member, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
VICE requires that all employees have proper authorization to work in the U.S. Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the New York City Fair Chance Act or other applicable laws.
*Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation. The requirements and essential functions described above are not an exhaustive list and instead are meant to describe the general nature and level of work required of the job. VICE reserves the right to modify the essential functions of this position where a legitimate business exists.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless otherwise indicated, VICE does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes.