The Post Production Coordinator is responsible for overseeing the day to day workflow of media into and throughout all post production services for VICE Labs. This position will oversee all stages of post production for VICE Labs including, assigning tasks to AEs and editors, coordinating graphics, internal creative reviews, legal and S&P reviews, and communicating with the On-Air Production Manager to book finishing time and coordinate delivery of all on-air assets. Must be a self-starter with strong multi-tasking and communication skills.
The Post Production Coordinator reports directly to the On-Air Production Manager and works closely with producers, assistant editors, editors, graphics designers, sound mixers and colorists.
- Works directly with production management to organize and manage seamless transition from production to post production
- Assigns projects to assistant editors, motion graphics designers and editors as directed by Supervising Producer
- Coordinates cuts for internal reviews and approvals for creative, legal and S&P departments.
- Organize and maintain a regular archiving workflow of footage & projects
- Creates and updates post production delivery schedule including tracking all delivery asset data
- Maintains roster of freelance Editors, AEs and DITs and assists On-Air Production Manager and/or Supervising Producer with bookings for VICE Labs post production crew.
- Oversees the final deliverables of broadcast masters, social videos, paper deliverables for R&C department and final project files
- Assists in Online editing, subtitling and general deliverable needs across all VICELAND Post Production
- Oversees and assists Ingest Operator and Assistant Editor in organizing, encoding, and ingesting all footage; keeps files and assets organized while adhering to strict naming conventions
- Quality control of content going to channels across the VICE Network
- Troubleshoots technical problems with Editors, Assistant Editors, and Associate Producers
- 1-3 years of Post Production Coordinating experience
- Fluent in Adobe Premiere Pro and Adobe Creative Suite
- Understands the post finishing workflow for delivery of on-air and social assets
- Strong working knowledge of digital codecs and their appropriate applications
- Strong leadership capabilities
- Ability to work in fast paced, ever-changing environment
If you require a reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Equal Employment Opportunities: VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create and maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion and diversity. At VICE, we understand that inclusion and diversity is a major benefit to our employees, our readers and viewers, and our company culture. We treat all applicants and employees fairly without regard to age, alienage or citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status and partnership status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion/creed, sexual orientation, arrest or conviction record, caregiver status, credit history, unemployment status, salary history, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking and sex offenses, status as a veteran or active military service member, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
VICE requires that all employees have proper authorization to work in the U.S. Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the New York City Fair Chance Act or other applicable laws.
*Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation. The requirements and essential functions described above are not an exhaustive list and instead are meant to describe the general nature and level of work required of the job. VICE reserves the right to modify the essential functions of this position where a legitimate business exists.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless otherwise indicated, VICE does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes.