Virtue Worldwide, a division of Vice Media seeks a motivated, experienced Senior Finance Manager to join our team. The ideal candidate will have a CPA and a mix of advertising agency and public accounting experience. This position will report directly to the US Controller and support the Virtue Worldwide CFO. The job duties involve a mix of month-end close functions, technical analysis, and business support. This position offers tremendous growth opportunity for the right candidate.
- Managing US accounting and general ledger activities, with responsibility for accuracy of financial results as it relates to the Virtue Group line of business
- Reviewing and assessing customer contracts for FV allocation and cash flow management
- Managing multiple legal entities, reviewing and posting journal entries and reviewing monthly reconciliations of balance sheet accounts
- Reviewing monthly results and performing P&L fluctuation analysis
- Performing ad-hoc analysis to support the accounting team and the business
- Assisting the US Controller with managing year-end audit requests
- Coordinating with finance contacts for Vice’s international offices on issues related to non-US entities
- Implementing processes and timelines to ensure deadlines are met for Vice’s corporate close schedule
- Assisting with budgeting and forecasts, as needed
- Oversight of 1-2 team members
- Other duties as needed
- 7+ years of professional experience
- Public and private accounting experience required, CPA preferred
- Experience working with advertising agency business
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP particularly relating to revenue recognition and multiple element arrangements
- Experience determining accounting treatments and communicating conclusions to senior management
- Experience working with intercompany transactions and eliminations
- An ability to work well with people across multiple business functions outside of accounting and finance
- Strong excel skills, including pivot tables and VLOOKUPs
- An ability to learn quickly and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- A good balance of being detail-oriented and understanding the ‘bigger picture’
If you require a reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Equal Employment Opportunities: VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create and maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion and diversity. At VICE, we understand that inclusion and diversity is a major benefit to our employees, our readers and viewers, and our company culture. We treat all applicants and employees fairly without regard to age, alienage or citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status and partnership status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion/creed, sexual orientation, arrest or conviction record, caregiver status, credit history, unemployment status, salary history, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking and sex offenses, status as a veteran or active military service member, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
VICE requires that all employees have proper authorization to work in the U.S. Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the New York City Fair Chance Act or other applicable laws.
*Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation. The requirements and essential functions described above are not an exhaustive list and instead are meant to describe the general nature and level of work required of the job. VICE reserves the right to modify the essential functions of this position where a legitimate business exists.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless otherwise indicated, VICE does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes.