Work with VP of Legal Affairs and Media Strategy team on all digital advertising/agency related agreements, including media insertion orders governed by IAB terms & conditions.
- Oversee and manage legal process for digital media agreements
- Develop and oversee IO policies, process, approvals and negotiations
- Review and negotiate agency IO T&Cs in conjunction with media strategy, Ad Ops and legal teams
- Draft and negotiate production agreements in connection with media campaigns (e.g. IAB addendums for custom materials)
- Negotiate overarching and precedential IAB Addenda with agency holding companies
- Work with Sales and Program Management teams on terms and agreements related to production of Custom Materials
- Assist with drafting agency commitment deals
- Review and edit vendor agreements related to media strategy and associated technology (e.g. Grapeshot, data collection, brand studies, etc.)
- Assist legal team with additional matters related to advertiser and agency relationships, media operations, production and distribution of Vice content
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE / EDUCATION:
- BA or BS undergraduate degree, and JD required
- New York or California State Bar membership
- 4 years of legal experience in digital media working for either a publisher or agency
- Must have comprehensive experience negotiating agency agreements including IAB terms and conditions, IAB addendums, production agreements
- Comprehensive understanding of advertising laws, regulations, and policies (e.g. data collection, privacy policies, FTC guidelines (including for native advertising), advertising laws and regulations, and applicable intellectual property law)
- Superior communication, organization, and negotiation skills
- Strong problem-solving skills, analytical orientation, and an ability to structure an issue and analyze alternative solutions.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, collaborative environment.
- Confident and comfortable doing deals and finding solutions without precedent in fast paced, high volume environment with constantly changing priorities
- Sound business judgment, and flexibility/adaptability to manage multiple time-sensitive matters, including appropriately prioritizing among them
- Demonstrated ability, in a positive and practical manner, to identify and resolve issues efficiently and effectively
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Interest in working on a broad variety of matters and issues including matters outside area of expertise
If you require a reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Equal Employment Opportunities: VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create and maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion and diversity. At VICE, we understand that inclusion and diversity is a major benefit to our employees, our readers and viewers, and our company culture. We treat all applicants and employees fairly without regard to age, alienage or citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status and partnership status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion/creed, sexual orientation, arrest or conviction record, caregiver status, credit history, unemployment status, salary history, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking and sex offenses, status as a veteran or active military service member, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
VICE requires that all employees have proper authorization to work in the U.S. Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the New York City Fair Chance Act or other applicable laws.
*Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation. The requirements and essential functions described above are not an exhaustive list and instead are meant to describe the general nature and level of work required of the job. VICE reserves the right to modify the essential functions of this position where a legitimate business exists.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless otherwise indicated, VICE does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes.