VICELAND is looking for a Manager, Social Media to join its team and effectively manage social strategy across all key platforms. This position will responsible for managing and driving linear tune-in, engagement and social video views for maximum reach, relevance, and effectiveness.
This encompasses utilizing both live (Snapchat, Instagram Stories, Facebook Live) and edited/pre-recorded content (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram). In addition to defining best practices and maintaining a weekly calendar, this person should also be looking at show-specific activations, partnerships, and content plans to drive buzz and viewership for show priorities.
This person will also be responsible for contributing to channel- and show-level strategy decks and monthly/quarterly reports on audience growth and engagement.
- Plan and maintain social publishing calendar, balancing brand, show, and campaign content across all channels including YouTube and VICELAND.com
- Build out and present show-specific launch plans to present with the marketing team to partners, sales, and show teams
- Drive growth against weekly and monthly targets to keep building our audience and cross-platform video views
- Ideate partnerships and content plans to build out new avenues for audience growth for the master brand and show teams
- Developing the live video POV for VICELAND - including developing story best practices for show teams shooting in the field, and franchise/series ideas for Facebook Live, Instagram Stories, Snapchat, and Periscope
- Report on performance for social content in collaboration with the research team
- Ideate shortform and social video concepts to accompany new programming on the channel
- Must be fluent in all social platforms, incl. engagement best practices, formats, specs and paid promotion opportunities
- 3-4 years experience managing social accounts for a publisher or brand (ideally media/TV)
- Comfortable with talent- and client-facing reports and coordination - account management experience a plus
- Experience working with creative teams, especially video editors and designers
- Strong written skills, especially for creative briefs, strategy documents and creative synopses
- Keen eye for memes
If you require a reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Equal Employment Opportunities: VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create and maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion and diversity. At VICE, we understand that inclusion and diversity is a major benefit to our employees, our readers and viewers, and our company culture. We treat all applicants and employees fairly without regard to age, alienage or citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status and partnership status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion/creed, sexual orientation, arrest or conviction record, caregiver status, credit history, unemployment status, salary history, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking and sex offenses, status as a veteran or active military service member, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
VICE requires that all employees have proper authorization to work in the U.S. Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the New York City Fair Chance Act or other applicable laws.
*Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation. The requirements and essential functions described above are not an exhaustive list and instead are meant to describe the general nature and level of work required of the job. VICE reserves the right to modify the essential functions of this position where a legitimate business exists.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless otherwise indicated, VICE does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes.