VICE is seeking a Director of Sales to acquire and develop new accounts for our digital, linear and social properties, reaching over 70M+ million young people a month in digital and 66.5M+ in linear. Sales duties are focused primarily online media but also can include event sponsorships, creative services, production deals and 360 integrations across digital, social and linear. The selected candidate would be expected to understand integrated media, custom content and have a range of relevant experience.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Maintain existing lines of business and effectively obtain new business
- Cultivate and manage existing relationships across TV, Digital, Print, Custom Content, Experiential and Social at the agency and brand levels.
- Effectively build rapport among peers and department heads supporting sales
- Calling on a set list of clients and agencies in or around LA and PAC NW
- Provide marketplace feedback to help better craft ad products, marketing and media plans to increase IC and Company wide goals
- Entrepreneurial spirited individuals who enjoy autonomy around crafting custom programs
- Meet monthly, quarterly and yearly revenue budgets
Experience and Qualifications:
- 6+ years of sales experience within a media industry
- Warm client relationships
- Strong rolodex across West Coast clients specifically LA/SF/PACNW
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Knowledgeable and passionate about all facets of VICE
- Creative problem-solving skills and a commitment to execution of task
- Computer literate with Macintosh Apple systems and other digital marketing systems
- Prefer experience at a range of publishing, platform and/or agency experience
Equal Employment Opportunities: VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create and maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion and diversity. At VICE, we understand that inclusion and diversity is a major benefit to our employees, our readers and viewers, and our company culture. We treat all applicants and employees fairly without regard to age, alienage or citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status and partnership status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion/creed, sexual orientation, arrest or conviction record, caregiver status, credit history, unemployment status, salary history, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking and sex offenses, status as a veteran or active military service member, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
VICE requires that all employees have proper authorization to work in the U.S. Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, or other applicable law.
*Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation. The requirements and essential functions described above are not an exhaustive list and instead are meant to describe the general nature and level of work required of the job. VICE reserves the right to modify the essential functions of this position where a legitimate business exists.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless otherwise indicated, VICE does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes.