Role & Responsibilities
Report to VP, Media Operations & VP Ad Platforms in order to:
- Lead understanding of Vice's global supply-side platform (SSP) seats to further VICE's digital business and increase revenue.
- Specialise in new programmatic advertising platforms, demand opportunities and client-lead performance metrics for VICE commercial teams.
- Continually monitor and optimise regional commercial activity within VICE's SSPs, troubleshooting private marketplace (PMP) set ups and refining open auction pricing.
- Work in tandem with Yield Management to ensure analysis of programmatic business continues to remain viable.
- Analyze delivery trends across sources to proactively identify growth opportunities
- Work closely with internal programmatic and ad ops teams to set up, manage and optimize programs
- Work with EMEA programmatic leads to ensure cross-regional efficiencies in both internal and external processes, and usage of centralised resources.
- Work with internal product teams to ensure VICE's programmatic advertising offering is market leading and fully scaled across VICE and VICE Partners.
- Help manage key 3rd party programmatic advertising services relationships, including Google, in the interests of the company.
- Maintain high ad quality standards across VICE Digital, by identifying malvertising and / or unwanted programmatic advertising and applying appropriate SSP level blocks
- Manage, mentor and train regional ad operations teams on standard practices and latest innovations, acting as primary support for key offices.
- Test and implement on scale latest programmatic advertising solutions for the support and development of VICE Digital.
- Ensure regional programmatic teams are equipped to manage their campaigns and inventory within VICE's various SSPs following best practices and global processes.
- 2-5 years experience with programmatic advertising
- Experience with the following platforms: AdX, DFP, Adomik, Index Exchange, Tableau/Domo,
- Deliver an exemplary level of service and support for regional operational and commercial VICE teams.
- Formulate and communicate best practices and processes.
- Demonstrate exemplary leadership to programmatic teams to traffic PMP deals with the utmost accuracy and efficiency, delivering in full against key KPIs wherever and whenever possible.
- Grow wider programmatic teams through ongoing training and support.
- Ensure that all processes are followed by regional programmatic teams for correct working procedure.
- Represent the US in being completely dependable and reliable.
- Show interest and progression in further areas of the role and for the business.
If you require a reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Equal Employment Opportunities: VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create and maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion and diversity. At VICE, we understand that inclusion and diversity is a major benefit to our employees, our readers and viewers, and our company culture. We treat all applicants and employees fairly without regard to age, alienage or citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status and partnership status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion/creed, sexual orientation, arrest or conviction record, caregiver status, credit history, unemployment status, salary history, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking and sex offenses, status as a veteran or active military service member, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
VICE requires that all employees have proper authorization to work in the U.S. Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the New York City Fair Chance Act or other applicable laws.
*Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation. The requirements and essential functions described above are not an exhaustive list and instead are meant to describe the general nature and level of work required of the job. VICE reserves the right to modify the essential functions of this position where a legitimate business exists.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless otherwise indicated, VICE does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes.