VICE is currently seeking a Senior Producer for VICE Digital. The ideal candidate will be a leader who can oversee the creation of video content across multiple sites and topics and in multiple formats. The candidate must have a clear understanding and passion for the Vice brand on digital and experience managing teams.
A full resume and professional references are required.
- Manages pool of video producers in longform and multi-format video storytelling.
- Works with video team and editorial site leads to execute video in line with specified goals and KPI’s
- Oversee development and production of video that will appear across VICE’s digital channels and adheres to the voice of each site.
- Hires and manages freelancers on site specific projects
- Demonstrate strong writing ability and clear, concise thinking.
- Must be a self-starter
- Honing stories at the pitch phase and giving notes on treatments, beat sheets and paper edits
- Must be able to give notes on cuts that help shape a piece while keeping delivery on time and on budget
- Oversee both field and in-house production of stories
- Be able to ensure producers are securing appropriate rights and clearances for video usage
- Oversee all costs of production and post-production
Experience / Education
- 4+ years of proven experience in production at well regarded networks/cable networks/digital production companies/or equivalent.
- Knowledge of budgeting and actualizing costs.
- Proven track record of experimentation with new formats
- An understanding of video that works on a variety of social platforms
- Extensive knowledge of digital video and documentary film production.
- Strong editorial professional ethics.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Mac computer systems.
- Ability to deal with multiple and changing priorities.
- Experience managing teams.
If you require a reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Equal Employment Opportunities: VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create and maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion and diversity. At VICE, we understand that inclusion and diversity is a major benefit to our employees, our readers and viewers, and our company culture. We treat all applicants and employees fairly without regard to age, alienage or citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status and partnership status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion/creed, sexual orientation, arrest or conviction record, caregiver status, credit history, unemployment status, salary history, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking and sex offenses, status as a veteran or active military service member, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
VICE requires that all employees have proper authorization to work in the U.S. Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the New York City Fair Chance Act or other applicable laws.
*Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation. The requirements and essential functions described above are not an exhaustive list and instead are meant to describe the general nature and level of work required of the job. VICE reserves the right to modify the essential functions of this position where a legitimate business exists.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless otherwise indicated, VICE does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes.