VICE is currently seeking Producers for VICE Digital. The ideal candidate will be an established documentary/news/nonfiction producer with robust domestic and international experience and a proven track record of accomplishments. The candidate must have a clear understanding of the Vice brand and our style of storytelling. The Producer must have experience pitching ideas and carrying those through to completion, as well as accepting and excelling on assignments. Producer must be accountable to a budget and is responsible for factual and legal concerns in their own pieces. Producer must be comfortable working with a small team and training their AP for future success. Producer is required to be hands on at every step, from conception through pre-production and into post-production and delivery. An ideal candidate must be familiar with shooting on digital cine cameras, the ability to shoot b-cam and have knowledge of post production software and basic editing abilities.
In your application, sample work/links are required as well as a resume and references. Please also include a brief cover letter and 3 specific pitches for stories that you could produce and that would work on our digital platforms. Due to the number of applicants we cannot respond to every application.
- Pitch, research, report stories that will appear on VICE’s digital channels
- Be able to work independently as well as with new and established correspondents, and other producers, on long form, mid-range and short form stories and series that fit our channel’s model of storytelling
- Demonstrate strong writing ability and clear, concise thinking.
- Must be a self-starter
- Establish and maintain contacts; develop sources; and be able to secure interviews and access to unique characters and untold stories
- Oversee both field and in-house production of stories
- Be able to secure appropriate rights and clearances for video usage
- Oversee all costs of production and post-production
Experience / Education
- 2 to 3 years of proven experience in production at well regarded networks/cable networks/digital production companies/or equivalent.
- Knowledge of budgeting and actualizing costs.
- Extensive knowledge of digital video and documentary film production.
- Strong editorial professional ethics.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Mac computer systems.
- Ability to deal with multiple and changing priorities.
- Must be detail oriented and highly organized.
- Willing to work long hours
- Experience managing and taking care of crews in the field.
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally as needed.
- Ability to juggle multiple stories at once.
If you require a reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Equal Employment Opportunities: VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create and maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion and diversity. At VICE, we understand that inclusion and diversity is a major benefit to our employees, our readers and viewers, and our company culture. We treat all applicants and employees fairly without regard to age, alienage or citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status and partnership status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion/creed, sexual orientation, arrest or conviction record, caregiver status, credit history, unemployment status, salary history, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking and sex offenses, status as a veteran or active military service member, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
VICE requires that all employees have proper authorization to work in the U.S. Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the New York City Fair Chance Act or other applicable laws.
*Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation. The requirements and essential functions described above are not an exhaustive list and instead are meant to describe the general nature and level of work required of the job. VICE reserves the right to modify the essential functions of this position where a legitimate business exists.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless otherwise indicated, VICE does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes.