Reporting to the Global Controller, this individual will be responsible for researching, evaluating, concluding and documenting the accounting treatment for significant transactions across the Company. Significant transactions include but are not limited to revenue recognition, goodwill, investments, leases, share-based compensation, business combinations, non-controlling interests and other new Company initiatives. This is very much a “hands on” accounting role with interaction with different departments (both finance and non-finance) across the globe. This role will have a high level of visibility within the organization with opportunities to work directly with the Global Controller, Director of Financial Reporting and domestic and international Controllers.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Lead technical accounting research and evaluation in a variety of areas, work cross functionally to ensure appropriate treatment and prepare memos and analysis supporting conclusions.
- Work closely with the Corporate M&A team on understanding accounting implications of terms and conditions of investments and business combination arrangements.
- Monitor, interpret and implement new accounting standards, as applicable, to ensure the Company is prepared for timely compliance
- Owner of the technical accounting and accounting policy processes with responsibility for updating, integrating and maintaining Company wide accounting policies.
- Interface with external auditors for annual audits, including preparation of required memos and documentation.
- Participate in special projects or ad-hoc analysis in support of finance department and company initiatives.
- Prepare and ensure appropriate accounting related to the Company’s share-based compensation expense.
Qualifications and Experience
The ideal candidate will be a broad-based financial professional with strong academic credentials and successful leadership experience in the finance and accounting operations areas of a complex company, preferably in the technology and/or digital media sectors. The individual will be dynamic, energetic, teamwork oriented and have a demonstrated record of success in multi-tasking and managing several projects in a fast-paced environment.
Specifically, our best candidate will have:
- A minimum of 8 years of experience working across accounting processes, including concluding on complex accounting issues.
- Undergraduate degree in accounting, finance or other business related field required. Graduate degree in Accounting or similar subject matter is highly desirable
- CPA is required
- Mix of public company experience and Big 4 audit experience preferred
- Extensive knowledge of accounting procedures and U.S. GAAP accounting principles
- Hands-on involvement at multiple levels of a finance team and throughout an organization.
- Ability to manage, motivate and develop other professionals.
- Strong presentation skills and ability to communicate within the Company at all levels
Title is dependent on experience.
The successful candidate will be driven by the desire to help the Company reach its business and financial objectives. She or he will be a self-starter, and have strong written, verbal, interpersonal and communication skills. Specific personal characteristics include:
- Ability to thrive in a team-work oriented environment. At the same time, be able to engage in vigorous debate while always treating others with the highest level of mutual respect. Bring unselfish, “ego-less” attitude to the team
- Motivated and effective in a fast paced and dynamic culture
- Strong organizational and project management skills; demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships at all levels of the organization
- Willing to roll up his or her sleeves to assist in getting the job done in a timely fashion, and to overcome unexpected obstacles
- Maintains an environment which fosters and rewards continuous learning and innovation.
- Demonstrates excellent business judgment and the ability to plan and meet deadlines; ability to grasp concepts quickly
- Highly analytical mindset, with ability to sort through complex issues and translate and communicate them in a clear, concise manner to internal and external stakeholders
If you require a reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Equal Employment Opportunities: VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create and maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion and diversity. At VICE, we understand that inclusion and diversity is a major benefit to our employees, our readers and viewers, and our company culture. We treat all applicants and employees fairly without regard to age, alienage or citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status and partnership status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion/creed, sexual orientation, arrest or conviction record, caregiver status, credit history, unemployment status, salary history, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking and sex offenses, status as a veteran or active military service member, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
VICE requires that all employees have proper authorization to work in the U.S. Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the New York City Fair Chance Act or other applicable laws.
*Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation. The requirements and essential functions described above are not an exhaustive list and instead are meant to describe the general nature and level of work required of the job. VICE reserves the right to modify the essential functions of this position where a legitimate business exists.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless otherwise indicated, VICE does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes.