About the Role:
We are seeking a Data Engineer to join our team, helping to build and maintain a new Business Intelligence platform that supports data analysis, exploration, and aggregation of data across multiple source systems. In this role you will get to work with large amounts of data coming from structured, semi-structured and unstructured data sources to create a hub for analysis and reporting.
- Develop reliable data pipelines that convert data into powerful reports.
- Design real time and batch data processing pipelines for different systems to consume
- Develop tools to monitor, debug, and analyze data pipelines
- Design and implement data schemas and models that can scale
- Collaborate closely with product team to build new features and infrastructure
Required Skills & Experience
- 2+ years of experience in ETL work
- 2+ years of experience in OLTP and OLAP
- 2+ years of experience in programming in any of Python / Java / Scala / SQL
- 2+ years of experience on Linux O/S with automation experience
- Experience with data pipelines in any Luigi, Talend, AWS glue and/or Data pipeline is a plus.
- AWS Kinesis, EMR, Redshift and/or BigQuery is a plus.
- Google Api, Youtube Api, Facebook Api, Twitter Api and/or Oauth is a plus.
- Strong experience in improving performance of queries and data jobs and scaling the system for exponential growth in data.
- Strong analytical skills and query writing.
- Expert debugging skills and emphasis on automated tests to build high quality systems
- BS in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics or related technical discipline
If you require a reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Equal Employment Opportunities: VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create and maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion and diversity. At VICE, we understand that inclusion and diversity is a major benefit to our employees, our readers and viewers, and our company culture. We treat all applicants and employees fairly without regard to age, alienage or citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status and partnership status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion/creed, sexual orientation, arrest or conviction record, caregiver status, credit history, unemployment status, salary history, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking and sex offenses, status as a veteran or active military service member, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
VICE requires that all employees have proper authorization to work in the U.S. Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the New York City Fair Chance Act or other applicable laws.
*Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation. The requirements and essential functions described above are not an exhaustive list and instead are meant to describe the general nature and level of work required of the job. VICE reserves the right to modify the essential functions of this position where a legitimate business exists.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless otherwise indicated, VICE does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes.