Vice Media is looking for a Films Finance Manager who enjoys a fast-paced environment and is able to multi-task in a growing finance department. This role’s main responsibilities will include managing all aspects of Film accounting, maintaining film ultimate models, leading the month-end close process, preparation of monthly account reconciliations, support schedules, and statements.
- Accounting lead for the Vice Media Film business, a mix of theatrical, documentary and scripted series productions
- Maintain the Film business ledgers and film/scripted ultimate models
- Oversee revenue operations for the division, including invoicing, payment tracking and revenue recognition policies and procedures
- In conjunction with the Films CFO and the corporate Treasurer, manage the divisions cash flow
- Review US general ledger details and ensure accuracy before monthly close
- Prepare monthly & quarterly financial reports for senior management; other ad-hoc reports as requested
- Ensure all schedules and reconciliations are up-to-date and maintained in an “audit ready” form, which includes being proactive in resolving open items
- Interact with Corporate tax team to ensure correct tax reporting for any international productions or operations
- Assist with quarter and year end external audits and issuance of audited financial statements
- Experience within the film finance industry, has an understanding of ultimate accounting, content distribution; international experience a plus
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience in a finance/accounting position
- Must possess advanced level MS Excel skills, and be proficient with accounting/financial software, NetSuite a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance; CPA preferred
- Excellent communication, partnering, and presentation skills
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics and/or Netsuite a plus
If you require a reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Equal Employment Opportunities: VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create and maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion and diversity. At VICE, we understand that inclusion and diversity is a major benefit to our employees, our readers and viewers, and our company culture. We treat all applicants and employees fairly without regard to age, alienage or citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status and partnership status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion/creed, sexual orientation, arrest or conviction record, caregiver status, credit history, unemployment status, salary history, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking and sex offenses, status as a veteran or active military service member, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
VICE requires that all employees have proper authorization to work in the U.S. Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the New York City Fair Chance Act or other applicable laws.
*Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation. The requirements and essential functions described above are not an exhaustive list and instead are meant to describe the general nature and level of work required of the job. VICE reserves the right to modify the essential functions of this position where a legitimate business exists.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless otherwise indicated, VICE does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes.