VICE is the world’s preeminent youth media company and content creation studio. Launched in 1994, VICE now operates in over 30 countries and distributes its programming to viewers across digital, linear, mobile, film and socials. VICE includes an international network of digital channels; a weekly and daily news programming partnership with HBO; a television and feature film production studio; a magazine; a record label; an in-house creative services agency; a book-publishing division; and a newly launched U.S and Canadian TV network, VICELAND.
VICE's award-winning programming has been recognized by the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences, Peabody Awards, Sundance Film Festival, PEN Center, Cannes Lions, Frontline Club, Knight Foundation, American Society of Magazine Editors, LA Press Club, James Beard awards, and Webby Awards, among others.
Position: Ad Tech Engineering Manager
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Vice is looking for an experienced ad tech engineer to lead the development of the Vice commercial roadmap. The ideal candidate should have master level expertise working with DFP and will be focusing on all things monetization related. The Ad Tech team will be responsible for leading the development of innovative ad products that are performant and commercially viable. From native advertising solutions, to advanced targeting and viewability measurement, the Ad Tech Engineering Team will be a cross functional group liaising with platform development, product management, design, as well as revenue / sales and commercial operations.
- 5+ Years Development Experience
- 3+ Years working in media / content publishing / ad tech industry
- 3+ Years experience working with DFP, Freewheel or analogous ad server technology
- Responsible for platform wide O&O ad conversion KPIs
- Expert level understanding of video advertising standards (VPAID / VAST / IAB Standards)
- Demonstrable experience with ad performance optimization
- Experience with server side ad Insertion techniques
- Familiarity building out programmatic capabilities / header bidding
- Understanding of ad-blocking landscape / revenue recovery opportunities
- Deep experience working with AWS technologies and real-time decisioning / edge processing
- Experience working with large media publishing workflows dealing with Video Delivery at scale
- Familiarity with AMP / FB Instant / Progressive Web App workflows
- Familiarity with DMPs (Krux) and advanced targeting / segmenting
If you require a reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Equal Employment Opportunities: VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create and maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion and diversity. At VICE, we understand that inclusion and diversity is a major benefit to our employees, our readers and viewers, and our company culture. We treat all applicants and employees fairly without regard to age, alienage or citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status and partnership status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion/creed, sexual orientation, arrest or conviction record, caregiver status, credit history, unemployment status, salary history, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking and sex offenses, status as a veteran or active military service member, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
VICE requires that all employees have proper authorization to work in the U.S. Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the New York City Fair Chance Act or other applicable laws.
*Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation. The requirements and essential functions described above are not an exhaustive list and instead are meant to describe the general nature and level of work required of the job. VICE reserves the right to modify the essential functions of this position where a legitimate business exists.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless otherwise indicated, VICE does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes.