Our Legal team is looking for an Associate Director of Legal affairs in our Brooklyn office. The Associate Director of Legal Affairs will work closely with General Counsel on all transactional legal matters.
- Draft, review, and negotiate a variety of agreements, including content licensing agreements, distribution agreements, production agreements (video content, editorial content, photographic content), talent agreements, and independent contractor agreements.
- Perform legal review of video and editorial content.
- Research various legal issues, including intellectual property, defamation, contract law, privacy & data security, advertising, and employment law.
- Perform additional legal work as directed by the General Counsel.
EXPERIENCE / EDUCATION:
- BA/BS degree and J.D. degree with admission to one or more state bars in good standing required; NY or CA Bar admission preferred.
- 3 – 6 years of legal experience in a law firm or media company environment, with experience working on transactional matters in licensing of media properties, music, rights clearances, and production and distribution of content and digital media.
- Superior communication, writing, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills, analytical orientation, and an ability to structure an issue and analyze alternative solutions.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Adobe Sign; experience with contract management software preferred.
- A demonstrated ability to work independently while serving a variety of departments within the company.
- Authorization to work in the United States.
If you require a reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Equal Employment Opportunities: VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create and maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion and diversity. At VICE, we understand that inclusion and diversity is a major benefit to our employees, our readers and viewers, and our company culture. We treat all applicants and employees fairly without regard to age, alienage or citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status and partnership status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion/creed, sexual orientation, arrest or conviction record, caregiver status, credit history, unemployment status, salary history, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking and sex offenses, status as a veteran or active military service member, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
VICE requires that all employees have proper authorization to work in the U.S. Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the New York City Fair Chance Act or other applicable laws.
*Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation. The requirements and essential functions described above are not an exhaustive list and instead are meant to describe the general nature and level of work required of the job. VICE reserves the right to modify the essential functions of this position where a legitimate business exists.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless otherwise indicated, VICE does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes.