VICE is looking fora Digital Ad Engineer to work across VICE digital advertising platforms to support the development and optimization of B2B offerings across VICE O&O and partner websites, apps, and OTT devices.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Video and display advertising implementation, maximizing inventory, and delivery performance (CTR/VTR) optimization across all VICE digital platforms. Initial focus will be heavily weighted toward video.
- Standardization and ownership of all 3rd party advertising code (DFP, MOAT, Krux, Umbel, etc.) placement and policy to support multiplatform rollouts.
- Advertising optimization in support of MRC view ability standards.
- Support technical implementation of custom rich media advertising campaigns and products across global offices from both 1st party (Flite) and 3rd party vendors.
- Work with advertising operations, business operations and dev teams to implement new ad tech related products such an OMS, ad server migrations, yield optimization software.
- Build out VICE native advertising platforms.
- Support build out of inputs to filter into VICE audience segmentation and analytics product offerings
- Experience with back/front tech including SASS, PHP, require.js, as well as PHP frameworks
- Platform knowledge on: DFP, Freewheel, Liverail, DSM, Operative, Fivia/Wide Orbit, Brightcove, Ooyala, Vemba, Adjuster, Flite
- Familiarity with digital advertising metrics and concepts (viewability requirements, ad server beacon firing, ad tech lingo)
- Familiarity with digital distribution networks
- Familiarity with SCRUM
- Excellent QA skills
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast paced environment while managing multiple projects and tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills in person, over email and on the phone.
- Detail oriented and highly motivated.
- Keen problem-solving and troubleshooting abilities, solutions oriented thinking
- Excellent client relationship & interpersonal skills, embodies positive team spirit
- 1-2 years applicable experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
If you require a reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Equal Employment Opportunities: VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create and maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion and diversity. At VICE, we understand that inclusion and diversity is a major benefit to our employees, our readers and viewers, and our company culture. We treat all applicants and employees fairly without regard to age, alienage or citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status and partnership status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion/creed, sexual orientation, arrest or conviction record, caregiver status, credit history, unemployment status, salary history, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking and sex offenses, status as a veteran or active military service member, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
VICE requires that all employees have proper authorization to work in the U.S. Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the New York City Fair Chance Act or other applicable laws.
*Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation. The requirements and essential functions described above are not an exhaustive list and instead are meant to describe the general nature and level of work required of the job. VICE reserves the right to modify the essential functions of this position where a legitimate business exists.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless otherwise indicated, VICE does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes.