A key leadership role in Vice’s commercial division, Vice+, the SVP Production leads and oversees Vice’s commercial production operations and output in North America, managing teams in New York, Los Angeles and Toronto.
The role reports directly in the North American Chief Revenue Officer, and is based in Vice’s Brooklyn HQ.
Vice+ Production is Vice’s full-service commercial production studio, producing best-in-class video and photo content, events and experiences for Vice, Virtue (Vice’s creative agency) and our brand and agency partners.
- Lead and manage a high-functioning, creatively ambitious, full service brand production studio team, with functions including physical & creative production, production pricing & budgeting, experiential production, music supervision & licensing, talent booking, and post production.
- Lead the strategic vision and operations for commercial production at Vice in NA
- Oversee full-time and freelance teams in the US (NY and LA) and Canada (Toronto)
- As a part of the 5-person leadership team of Vice+, partner with Sales, Creative, Strategy, Media leadership to set and implement Vice+’s strategy
- Collaborate closely with executive, production, editorial, design, creative & strategy leadership across business lines
- Lead production responses & pitches to agency and brand briefs to secure & grow commercial production revenues
- Contribute production and strategic input and insight to brand-direct, creative agency and media agency pitches & proposals
- Overall responsibility and accountability for production profitability, ensuring margin targets are met and business levels maintained.
- Overall responsibility for building and managing the annual departmental budget, working closely with finance, HR and executive leadership.
- Overall responsibility and accountability for delivering a best-in-class client experience through all stages of production, and ensuring internal & client-expectations are met
- Build, develop and manage a network of key director and creative collaborator relationships.
- Design and assemble first-class production teams to deliver a wide range of output, including short and long-form documentary, social-first, commercial & short-form, and editorial-led branded content, across a subject matter that resonates with culturally informed audience.
- Ensure creative & executional excellence of output, partnering closely with creative leadership
- Develop, Implement & deploy processes, workflows, strategies and best practices to drive & enhance production function across the business
- Support overall business, revenue and profitability targets
- Provide framework and environment for the growth & development of the team
- Drive and foster a culture of creative & production excellence through the department
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 15 years experience in production, with at least 7 years of experience in best-in-class commercial production & branded content
- At least 5 years of management / leadership experience
- Strong production finance understanding, company or departmental budget management and P&L management experience
- Experience in unscripted / documentary production is a must
- Diverse production experience is an advantage
- Experience leading large production teams, and high volume of output
- Excellent team management, development & leadership skills
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
VICE requires that all employees have proper authorization to work in the U.S. Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided.
Equal Employment Opportunities: VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create and maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion and diversity. At VICE, we understand that inclusion and diversity is a major benefit to our employees, our readers and viewers, and our company culture. We treat all applicants and employees fairly without regard to age, alienage or citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status and partnership status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion/creed, sexual orientation, arrest or conviction record, caregiver status, credit history, unemployment status, salary history, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking and sex offenses, status as a veteran or active military service member, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the New York City Fair Chance Act or other applicable laws.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily, with or without reasonable accommodation. The requirements and essential functions described above are not an exhaustive list and instead are meant to describe the general nature and level of work required of the job. VICE reserves the right to modify the essential functions of this position where a legitimate business exists.