The position of Senior Financial Analyst - US Digital is key to enabling the US operations of VICE Digital to be as profitable and lean as possible. This position not only is a key piece to the success of the business, but acts as the buffer between the 120+ person US Commercial org and the Executives of VICE.
- Support all Commercial departments with the actualization process of sales projects ($30M+ expense/ year), departmental T&E, marketing events, and other cost budgets – ensuring the teams are compliant with approved project margins, T&E policy and operating within annual budgets for their non-project expenses
- Owns quarterly commissions/ bonus calculations for the entire commercial org (120+ eligible employees) – ensuring timely and accurate accruals take place on a quarterly basis
- Key partner with VICE+ Productions for project finance reporting, supporting producers with timeline and project planning process to ensure our cost accruals are accurate on a project basis, i.e. working actively with Accounting and the business.
- Work with our ERP to come up with better reporting for our Commercial teams to better track overall performance on a per program level
- Write, maintain and communicate new and/or improved pre and post-sale workflows and enhancements to leverage Salesforce (CRM), Operative (OMS), Netsuite (ERP) and more to get actionable analytics out of the systems
- Act as a key enforcer of financial policies set forth within the business
- Assist in the annual budgeting and regular forecasting processes for the US
- Assist in developing key financial KPIs for the business
- Assist in improving financial reporting to execs monthly
- Oversight of 1-2 team members
- Other duties as needed and requested
- 5-6 years of professional experience, bonus if relating to Media/Entertainment
- Experience working related systems such as Salesforce, Operative, DOMO, & Netsuite
- An ability to work well with people across multiple business functions outside of Finance
- Strong excel skills (Index matches are the new vlookups here!)
- An ability to learn quickly and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- A good balance of being detailed-oriented and understanding bigger picture
If you require a reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Equal Employment Opportunities: VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create and maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion and diversity. At VICE, we understand that inclusion and diversity is a major benefit to our employees, our readers and viewers, and our company culture. We treat all applicants and employees fairly without regard to age, alienage or citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status and partnership status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion/creed, sexual orientation, arrest or conviction record, caregiver status, credit history, unemployment status, salary history, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking and sex offenses, status as a veteran or active military service member, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
VICE requires that all employees have proper authorization to work in the U.S. Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the New York City Fair Chance Act or other applicable laws.
*Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation. The requirements and essential functions described above are not an exhaustive list and instead are meant to describe the general nature and level of work required of the job. VICE reserves the right to modify the essential functions of this position where a legitimate business exists.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless otherwise indicated, VICE does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes.