The Client Strategy department sits at the heart of VICE+, working across departments, providing pre-sale thought leadership and management; developing and productizing content, media, experiential and other opportunities; and continually innovating how VICE can partner with brands.
Lead the pitch process: Closely analyze agency briefs, recommending the right mix of VICE products, bringing the relevant components together in a cohesive proposal
- Help team members ensure communication is flowing properly, the process is moving forward and each team is contributing; facilitate communication between teams and team members to achieve solutions that satisfy all internal stakeholders
- Partner with the seller to ensure the pitch answers the agency's brief and puts VICE in the strongest position to close
- Ideate with our creative team to generate ideas for videos, interactive, branded editorial, events and more
- Work closely with our production team to make sure each idea can be produced within the appropriate budget
- Communicate with our media team to ensure content distribution and overall media strategy matches client KPIs
- Collaborate with other teams including design, account services, research & insights, editorial, TV
- Ensure the quality and timeliness of your team’s pitch submissions
Product Development and Thought Leadership: Translate product concepts into sellable opportunities and create materials that communicate these packages to the marketplace
- Work with teams throughout the organization to package commercially viable products into opportunities clients can buy
- Analyze and optimize product mix to meet marketplace demands; work with internal teams to develop new products and retire those that aren’t working
- Continually improve internal processes that impact the effectiveness and efficiency within VICE’s commercial organization
- Collaborate with teams across all of VICE to infuse new thinking and innovation within the team
- Minimum 3 years of experience at a digital publisher in marketing, media strategy/planning, creative or sales; other relevant experience will also be considered, e.g. media or creative agency, TV, production, etc
- Expert deck-building skills and familiarity with keynote
- An understanding of creative, production and media
- The ability to remain calm and focused in stressful situations
- Excellent time management and project management skills
- A problem-solving, positive attitude
If you require a reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Equal Employment Opportunities: VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create and maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion and diversity. At VICE, we understand that inclusion and diversity is a major benefit to our employees, our readers and viewers, and our company culture. We treat all applicants and employees fairly without regard to age, alienage or citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status and partnership status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion/creed, sexual orientation, arrest or conviction record, caregiver status, credit history, unemployment status, salary history, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking and sex offenses, status as a veteran or active military service member, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
VICE requires that all employees have proper authorization to work in the U.S. Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided.
*Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation. The requirements and essential functions described above are not an exhaustive list and instead are meant to describe the general nature and level of work required of the job. VICE reserves the right to modify the essential functions of this position where a legitimate business exists.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless otherwise indicated, VICE does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes.