VICE is the world’s preeminent youth media company and content creation studio. Launched in 1994, VICE now operates in over 30 countries and distributes its programming to hundreds of millions of viewers each month across digital, linear, mobile, film and socials. VICE includes an international network of digital channels; a television and feature film production studio; a magazine; a record label; an in-house creative services agency; a book-publishing division; and an international TV network, VICELAND.
VICE's award-winning programming has been recognized by the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences, Peabody Awards, Canadian Screen Award, Sundance Film Festival, PEN Center, Cannes Lions, Frontline Club, Knight Foundation, American Society of Magazine Editors, LA Press Club, and Webby Awards, among others.
JOB TITLE: Media Strategist
REPORTS TO: Associate Media Director
OVERVIEW: We are looking for a data-focused analytically-minded professional, proficient in facilitating the execution of digital, programmatic and paid social strategies. The Media Strategist will support a pod of sales individuals with strategizing, planning, executing and optimizing media-related activities on client campaigns. The Media Strategist with have a strong understanding of marketing in relation to ad technology and content, will support new business development efforts, and will educate agencies and clients on media and distribution strategies and tactics. The role is central to the pre-sale process as well as the post-sale process, touching client relationships from end to end and playing a pivotal role in overall partnership success.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop media plans both in response to client RFP's and proactively to drive business, providing direct support to the VICE sales force
- Complete all requested material from clients as part of building media plans (forecasting, ad specifications, screenshots, audience information, etc.)
- Work and collaborate with internal departments (Client Strategy, Ad Operations, Producers, Account Services, Sales, etc.) to ensure that all proposed pre-sale media plan elements are sound for VICE and for the prospective clients
- Provide media expertise across both digital and offline channels as part of the sales pitch process, leading client meetings and email communication
- Act as the leading media expert by supporting and educating the sales force on all integrated media distribution topics, with a focus on digital
- Develop strategic media distribution material to accompany clients proposals and pitches -- create slides, program structures, distribution visuals, etc.
- Work with internal teams to develop campaign measurement goals and KPI's
- Manage the scheduling, posting, and tracking of media advertising and compile weekly performance reports, as necessary
- Utilize appropriate planning tools to achieve optimum performance for campaigns; maintain knowledge of new and emerging technologies to continually enhance campaign execution.
- Develop client-facing POVs on industry trends and patterns
- 2 - 4 years of experience in digital and social media planning/strategy in an agency or client setting.
- Effective time management and organizational skills, as well as strong attention to detail.
- Strong analytical skills with high proficiency in Excel, Keynote, Powerpoint
- Experience analyzing complex data and market research to formulating actionable plans
- Expertise in "media math" and digital media buying/acquisition models (ie. CPA, CPC, CPM, CPE)
- High comfortability with managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Basic knowledge or understanding of media inventory forecasting
- Working understanding of: digital/analytic marketing platforms or tools (DFP, Krux, Domo, O1 etc)
- Excellent Communication Skills -- high aptitude for managing expectations
- Solutions Oriented -- propensity to solve matters rather than dwell on the problem at hand
- Authenticity, Integrity & Resiliency -- takes pride and accountability for the work and possesses the ability to defend the work recommended
- Media Confidence -- articulating rationale for thinking both internally and to clients
- Informed -- curious and interested in media industry news and literature
- Collaborative -- happy to and willing to work with others to create the best result
- Passion for oneself, our company and the media industry
***This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended as an employment contract, nor is it intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of Vice Media are expected to perform tasks assigned by supervisory personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties***
If you do not hear back from us within one month of applying then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Thank you once again for applying and we wish you success in your future career.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement:
VICE provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, creed, colour, religion, gender, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic predisposition or carrier status, military status, veteran status, and any other classification protected by law. For questions or concerns please contact email@example.com.
Vice strives to provide equal access to our premises and to communicate with individuals in a manner that is accessible to all of our customers, and respects the dignity and independence of people with disabilities. For questions or concerns please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.