IT Systems Engineer
Location: Williamsburg Brooklyn NYC
The IT Systems Engineer is responsible for building, maintaining and supporting the tools that keep VICE’s fleet of servers, systems and end-user technology running smoothly and aligned with the goals of the company. This person must have a strong background in enterprise information technology systems management, including Windows server administration, virtualization, macOS, application packaging, networking, and scripting. Integrating and supporting these functions in the enterprise will be the primary role of this position. They are a Level III/IV resource in a tiered service desk hierarchy, testing and implementing IT infrastructure and IT infrastructure changes, as well as supporting personnel across the enterprise to perform critical business functions.
- Manage and maintain the company's fleet of on-premise and cloud device and directory management solutions, and making improvements for future needs.
- Test and deploy software to endpoint technology.
- Implement policy changes, security and otherwise, on servers and endpoint technology.
- Help define, document, and support IT systems globally, accounting for local needs at regional offices.
- Ensure standards are maintained, problems are addressed, issues are understood, and future states anticipated.
- Recognize areas for improvement, and work to realize those improvements.
- Document the tools and systems built and maintained; assemble technical architecture documentation, service desk support documentation, and end-user training documentation.
- Update all assigned tickets, capturing troubleshooting activities, resolving escalations from the support team.
- Point person for discovery and ownership of Apple and related product issues
- Tier III/IV support for all local service desks
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong background in VMWare (certification preferred).
- Extensive knowledge of Active Directory and its integration with other services.
- Comprehensive technical troubleshooting experience in an enterprise environment.
- In-depth knowledge of Jamf Pro and related technologies (certification preferred).
- Experience with an enterprise identity management system such as Okta.
- Working knowledge of Bash, Python, and/or other scripting languages.
- Investigative skills, with a structured approach to problem-solving.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in systems engineering or related discipline; or 5+ years related work experience.
If you require a reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Equal Employment Opportunities: VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create and maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion and diversity. At VICE, we understand that inclusion and diversity is a major benefit to our employees, our readers and viewers, and our company culture. We treat all applicants and employees fairly without regard to age, alienage or citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status and partnership status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion/creed, sexual orientation, arrest or conviction record, caregiver status, credit history, unemployment status, salary history, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking and sex offenses, status as a veteran or active military service member, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
VICE requires that all employees have proper authorization to work in the U.S. Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the New York City Fair Chance Act or other applicable laws.
*Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation. The requirements and essential functions described above are not an exhaustive list and instead are meant to describe the general nature and level of work required of the job. VICE reserves the right to modify the essential functions of this position where a legitimate business exists.
VICE editorial staff is represented by the Writer’s Guild of America East, a labor union representing writers in motion pictures, television, cable, digital media and broadcast news.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless otherwise indicated, VICE does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes.