VP, Legal & Business Affairs - Studios is highly motivated, highly effective self-starter with a strong track record of successful project execution with the ability to handle multiple, high priority tasks in a fast-paced, diverse environment. You are a strategic thinker, expert in scripted and unscripted legal affairs in film, television and audio series and love when you really arrive at insights that solve challenges and close deals. You’ll drive the global legal and business affairs function of VICE Studios inclusive of the following responsibilities:
- The overall management of business affairs for VICE Studios, both scripted and unscripted film, audio and television projects at VICE.
- Driving and securing the best deals possible to help achieve the creative and commercial objectives of the business.
- Presenting a “best in class” Vice Studios business affairs function to the outside world.
- Ensuring effective communication with the development, acquisition, production, finance, post-production and distribution teams.
- Overseeing and lead the Studios business affairs to ensure smooth processes, best practice, legal compliance and maximized returns.
- Managing the production legal and business affairs process across Vice Studios.
- Structuring and negotiating development, production, co-production, distribution, financing, deficit and tax incentive deals for Studios productions.
- Preparation and optimization of financial plans and recoupment schedules.
- Advising on applicable aspects of guild/talent union contracts.
- Working to ensure ancillary exploitation and branding opportunities are maximized.
- Presenting, organizing and reporting in respect of all of the above, for internal and external purposes, with proficient skills in document management and all standard IT skills including Word and Excel.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Admitted in NY (and authorized in CA) or CA attorney with 7 - 10 years’ combined experience as a practicing entertainment attorney at a law firm and in-house, with extensive industry relationships with agents, talent, networks and producers.
- Expert drafting and negotiating skills in scripted and unscripted development, financing, acquisition, distribution and production agreements on a global platform.
- Experience with major film and television guilds.
- Possess excellent negotiating, drafting, analytical, interpersonal, organizational, prioritizing and time management skills in a high-volume environment, and proven ability to lead negotiations with agencies, networks, platforms and other industry partners.
- Highly motivated, effective self-starter with strong track record of successful project execution and the ability to handle multiple, high priority tasks in a fast-paced, diverse corporate environment.
- Ability to build strong internal client relationships at all levels of the business, and effectively advise clients under conditions of uncertainty, high-pressure and/or high-risk and generate strong client satisfaction through quick turnaround and firm decision-making.
- Superior communication, organization, and negotiation skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills, analytical orientation, and an ability to structure an issue and analyze alternative solutions.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, collaborative environment.
If you require a reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Equal Employment Opportunities: VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create and maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion and diversity. At VICE, we understand that inclusion and diversity is a major benefit to our employees, our readers and viewers, and our company culture. We treat all applicants and employees fairly without regard to age, alienage or citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status and partnership status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion/creed, sexual orientation, arrest or conviction record, caregiver status, credit history, unemployment status, salary history, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking and sex offenses, status as a veteran or active military service member, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
VICE requires that all employees have proper authorization to work in the U.S. Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the New York City Fair Chance Act or other applicable laws.
*Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation. The requirements and essential functions described above are not an exhaustive list and instead are meant to describe the general nature and level of work required of the job. VICE reserves the right to modify the essential functions of this position where a legitimate business exists.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless otherwise indicated, VICE does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes.