The VICE Media Digital Team is looking for an Analyst to join our evolving Analytics & Activation team. The right candidate will have a history of digital media research and analysis experience, a diverse background in digital media platforms, client-facing experience and a portfolio of work that shows an ability to dynamically demonstrate campaign success by translating brand objectives.
The right candidate will be comfortable and adaptable to common agency processes that compliment analytics and reporting duties. The emphasis will be a keen attention to detail, expert-level analysis, and timely delivery of projects to internal/external stakeholders. Being knowledgeable in both Social Media Analytics and Site/Media Analytics is key for success as keeping deliverables intuitive, concise, and packed with insights will be critical. Your passion should go beyond the numbers and hone in on reporting around campaign success, while simultaneously crafting a compelling narrative from start to finish.
- Support ongoing Campaign Tracking & Reporting around VICE Media’s suite of Brand Partners
- Interpret data and analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reporting with shifting deadlines and varying directives
- Drive understanding of VICE’s Analytics practice through best practices sharing, maintaining weekly/monthly reports, dashboards, and analysis processes
- Mathematical/Analytical disposition for crafting presentations with a keen knack for taking both quantitative and qualitative approaches in problem solving
- Maintain and grow knowledge of additional tools that will allow the Analytics team to become more efficient and effective to scale
Web + Social Analytics:
- Prospective candidates should have primary experience with tools such as Google, YouTube, DFP, Facebook, Twitter, and Snapchat Analytics.
- Confidence in presenting findings in presentation form to internal teams and clients, while maintaining hands-on experience with VLOOKUP and Pivot Tables, among other formulas in spreadsheets.
Required Skills & Experience:
- B.S. or B.A. in marketing, statistics, mathematics, data science, economics or another related field.
- 2-4 yrs. in agency, digital, or startup environment working with digital media, social marketing/analytics, campaign reporting, ad ops, or media planning
- High levels of proficiency, project experience and expertise in the following platforms:
- Google, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat Analytics
- Detail oriented, thorough, decisive & expert level knowledge in the following applications:
- Microsoft Excel
- Google Slides
- Apple Keynote
- Basic knowledge of databases (SQL) and programming (R, Python)
- Excellent written, oral, and presentation skills
- Inquisitive mind, strong disposition to learn, and an exceptional team player across several departments
- Proven track record of delivering exceptional project work w/ strategic clients
- Ability to own projects from start to finish and complete deliverables with minimal oversight
- Passionate about promoting a data-driven culture across the VICE organization
- Excited by the opportunity to work at VICE, and willing to go the extra mile during deadline situations
If you require a reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Equal Employment Opportunities: VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create and maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion and diversity. At VICE, we understand that inclusion and diversity is a major benefit to our employees, our readers and viewers, and our company culture. We treat all applicants and employees fairly without regard to age, alienage or citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status and partnership status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion/creed, sexual orientation, arrest or conviction record, caregiver status, credit history, unemployment status, salary history, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking and sex offenses, status as a veteran or active military service member, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
VICE requires that all employees have proper authorization to work in the U.S. Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the New York City Fair Chance Act or other applicable laws.
*Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation. The requirements and essential functions described above are not an exhaustive list and instead are meant to describe the general nature and level of work required of the job. VICE reserves the right to modify the essential functions of this position where a legitimate business exists.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless otherwise indicated, VICE does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes.