VICELAND, a multi-national television channel from Vice and A+E Networks, seeks a motivated, experienced Director of Finance to join our team. The role will play an integral part in the planning, communication and execution of the company’s short and long-term financial strategies for the VICELAND business, as well as overseeing COGS and SG&A drivers. This position will work closely with the key VICELAND, Vice & A+E Corporate and Finance leadership to help identify and assess key drivers directly impacting the company’s performance.
The ideal candidate will have experience in FP&A functions at a cable network. Strong communication and presentation skills are a must, as well as the ability to think analytically, problem-solve, and prioritize multiple tasks. The position has significant internal growth potential for the right candidate.
- Financial planning and analysis responsibilities including monthly management reporting, quarterly reforecasting, annual budgeting, and long-range planning, in collaboration with leadership
- Review monthly results and perform P&L fluctuation analysis vs budget / reforecast
- Develop ad-hoc analyses and models to support strategic planning and initiatives
- Liaise with operations departments and accounting to ensure accuracy of management reporting and month-end close
- Oversee elements of revenue operations, including invoicing and payment tracking for certain revenue streams
- In conjunction with leadership and Treasury, forecast and manage cash flows
- Coordinate with Vice’s international finance teams
- Assist VICELAND accounting team during external audit process
- Implement processes and timelines to ensure deadlines are met and cost efficiencies are achieved
- 8+ years of professional experience in a finance function
- Bachelor's Degree required; preferably in Finance, Accounting or Business
- Experience in cable television preferred
- Excellent communication, partnering, and presentation skills
- Must possess advanced Excel skills and be proficient with accounting/financial software (experience with Netsuite and Hyperion/PBCS a plus)
- An ability to learn quickly and thrive in a fast-paced environment
If you require a reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Equal Employment Opportunities: VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create and maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion and diversity. At VICE, we understand that inclusion and diversity is a major benefit to our employees, our readers and viewers, and our company culture. We treat all applicants and employees fairly without regard to age, alienage or citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status and partnership status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion/creed, sexual orientation, arrest or conviction record, caregiver status, credit history, unemployment status, salary history, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking and sex offenses, status as a veteran or active military service member, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
VICE requires that all employees have proper authorization to work in the U.S. Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the New York City Fair Chance Act or other applicable laws.
*Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation. The requirements and essential functions described above are not an exhaustive list and instead are meant to describe the general nature and level of work required of the job. VICE reserves the right to modify the essential functions of this position where a legitimate business exists.