Vice Media seeks a motivated, experienced accountant to join our Corporate group team. The ideal candidate will have a CPA/ CPA eligible and public accounting experience. This position will support the News Accounting and Finance group and involve a mix of month-end close functions, and business support.
- 3-4 years of professional experience
- Public / Private accounting experience
- Strong knowledge of GAAP accounting required
- Experience communicating accounting issues and determinations to senior level managers
- Strong excel skills, including pivot tables and VLOOKUPs
- Ability to learn quickly and apply accounting guidance to new and varied types of transactions
- Analyzing the accounting treatment of transactions, and preparing opening and closing journal entries
- Perform month end close procedures and prepare various financial statement views for each of News’ businesses
- Providing ad-hoc reports and analysis to News’ department heads and executives
- Working closely with the production operations team to ensure accurate project cost reporting, and review budget vs actuals
- Assisting the News Finance Director and CFO with monthly reporting requirements
- Setting up projects in line with finance policy and with the correct accounting treatment
- Other duties as needed
Equal Employment Opportunities: VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create and maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion and diversity. At VICE, we understand that inclusion and diversity is a major benefit to our employees, our readers and viewers, and our company culture. We treat all applicants and employees fairly without regard to age, alienage or citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status and partnership status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion/creed, sexual orientation, arrest or conviction record, caregiver status, credit history, unemployment status, salary history, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking and sex offenses, status as a veteran or active military service member, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
VICE requires that all employees have proper authorization to work in the U.S. Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the New York City Fair Chance Act or other applicable laws.
*Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation. The requirements and essential functions described above are not an exhaustive list and instead are meant to describe the general nature and level of work required of the job. VICE reserves the right to modify the essential functions of this position where a legitimate business exists.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless otherwise indicated, VICE does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes.