VICE is the world’s preeminent youth media company and content creation studio. Launched in 1994, VICE now operates in over 30 countries and distributes its programming to hundreds of millions of viewers each month across digital, linear, mobile, film and socials. VICE includes an international network of digital channels; a television and feature film production studio; a magazine; a record label; an in-house creative services agency; a book-publishing division; and an international TV network, VICELAND.
VICE's award-winning programming has been recognized by the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences, Peabody Awards, Canadian Screen Award, Sundance Film Festival, PEN Center, Cannes Lions, Frontline Club, Knight Foundation, American Society of Magazine Editors, LA Press Club, and Webby Awards, among others.
JOB TITLE: Copywriter, Virtue (Contract)
REPORTS TO: Lead Creative, Virtue
OVERVIEW: VIRTUE Worldwide’s Toronto office is looking for a strong, smart, organized copywriter with 4-5 years professional work experience with a strong focus on content marketing and branding. The perfect candidate has a wide range of experience working on big brands, an acute understanding of strategic thinking and a strong creative instinct. They should embrace a dynamic, energetic work environment, and relish the opportunity to break new ground and try something that’s never been done before. Strong research skills are an asset as well as an awareness of current events, issues, news, events, and pop culture. The position calls for close attention to detail, as the nature of the work is fast-paced.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ideating and conceptualizing creative for co brand content
- Working in tandem with strategy and other departments to create the best work
- Strong ability to write independently - long form and short form
- Ability to work within Keynote to build RFP decks along with strategy
- 4-5 years professional work experience with a strong focus on content marketing and branding
- College Diploma or University Degree in Advertising/Copywriting.
- Must be able to write short form copy (headlines, and print campaigns) to long form (content series).
- Proficient in Word and Keynote.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and reference pop culture, relevant news and trends.
- Ability to conceptualize and deliver creative solutions with a focus on storytelling for multiple screens.
- Organizational agility and strong attention to detail.
- Strong team-player ethic.
- Self-motivation and energy in taking ownership of client projects.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, and confidence in presenting ideas with impact.
***This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended as an employment contract, nor is it intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of Vice Media are expected to perform tasks assigned by supervisory personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties***
If you do not hear back from us within one month of applying then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Thank you once again for applying and we wish you success in your future career.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement:
VICE provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, creed, colour, religion, gender, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic predisposition or carrier status, military status, veteran status, and any other classification protected by law. For questions or concerns please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vice strives to provide equal access to our premises and to communicate with individuals in a manner that is accessible to all of our customers, and respects the dignity and independence of people with disabilities. For questions or concerns please contact email@example.com.