*This is a temporary position scheduled to last for approximately 3 months*
VICE is the world’s preeminent youth media company and content creation studio. Launched in 1994, VICE now operates in over 30 countries and distributes its programming to viewers across digital, linear, mobile, film, and social channels. VICE includes an international network of digital channels; a weekly and daily news programming partnership with HBO; a television and feature film production studio; a magazine; a record label; VIRTUE, an in-house creative services agency; and an international TV network, VICELAND.
Assists the manager in the overall end to end processing of the weekly payroll, that pays the Vice Media production teams using Cast & Crew software. Primarily responsible for a subset of the population to accurately and timely prepare the weekly onboarding of new production staff as well as the entry of time into the Showbiz timekeeping system. The position will occasionally act as a liaison between the HR, Finance and Production teams in the absence of the manager. The position will also work to ensure proper accounting of time and projects so they align with business needs. The role is based in Williamsburg, Brooklyn.
- Processes about 200 - 300+ payments each week for assigned verticals, ensuring a 1-week turnaround for all accurate payroll submissions.
- Ensures payments are compliant to labor laws and Vice policy/practices before finalizing.
- Reviews payroll submissions for accuracy and coordinates resolution for any discrepancies.
- Coordinates with Cast & Crew to ensure accuracy of payments and invoices.
- Serves as a lead payroll voice for matters related to the assigned workload. Communicates and coordinates information between the payroll team and production management/ freelancers, or other departments, in a professional & timely manner.
- Assists with management of Payroll Assistants
- Brainstorms with Payroll Manager to produce creative solutions for challenges that may arise.
- Meets with production teams to relay proper paperwork submission practices.
- Coordinates weekly task with the Payroll Assistants. Follows up to ensure weekly completion of record management, export sharing, and paycheck distribution. Lends support when a team effort is needed for completion.
- Provides training and constructive feedback to Payroll Assistants, when needed.
- Maintains a positive attitude and clear communication in the team effort of production payroll.
- Implements practices that protect sensitive data and are aligned with Vice’s Clean Desk policy.
- Production payroll or media accounting experience required
- Knowledge of television or film business unions such as SAG, WGA, DGA and IATSE
- Excellent time management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Ability to manage simultaneous projects, prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Must be self-motivated with the ability to work independently
- Microsoft Office skills required
- Cast & Crew, Showbiz, software skills desired