VICE was launched in 1994 as a 'punk zine' and has since expanded into a leading global youth media company with bureaus in over 30 countries. VICE operates the world’s premier original online video destination, VICE.COM, an international network of digital channels, a television production studio, a magazine, a record label, an in-house creative services agency and a book-publishing division. VICE’s digital channels include Creators, dedicated to the arts and creativity, Motherboard, covering cultural happenings in technology, and Noisey, a music discovery channel. To date, VICE boasts over 60 established shows that cover everything from current events to sex to investigative reporting to music to kittens.
VICE is looking for a Talent Acquisition (TA) Director to help create a best in class recruiting organization, manage a small but mighty team, and deliver top talent for our dynamic, growth-oriented organization. In this role you will partner closely with our TA leaders to support a best-in-class recruiting process while building strong, consultative relationships with VICE leadership. You will lead TA strategy for our corporate teams - taking full-cycle ownership of senior level roles, and supporting our recruiting team with innovative ideas. You will have a passion for diversity, equity & inclusion - with an exceptional knowledge of sourcing channels, tools, and inclusive sourcing, hiring and interviewing practices.
- Support best-in-class recruiting processes to drive efficiency
- Leverage technology to enhance and personalize our candidate experience
- Use metrics to drive our recruiting behavior - understanding the best places to source talent for each line of business
- Drive an exceptional candidate experience, elevating it as a priority for the recruiting and hiring teams
- Support and deliver hiring manager and interviewer training to support our diversity and inclusion initiatives
- Collaborate with the management team on workforce planning initiatives
- Lead targeted executive searches
- Develop sourcing channels in support of VICE talent strategy
- Develop talent acquisition strategy to support our employee lifecycle approach to career management at VICE (engage, educate & empower)
- Minimum of 8 years of recruiting experience that includes leading and building high performing teams
- Minimum of 2 years of experience managing a talent acquisition team
- Experience developing processes in support of high growth/global organization.
- Experience creating a quality, full-cycle, inclusive recruiting process
- Strong process orientation
- A desire to hire the best “culture adds” to our company — constantly working toward company goals with a strong sense of urgency
- Must be able to incorporate diverse and inclusive practices into the company
Equal Employment Opportunities: VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create and maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion and diversity. At VICE, we understand that inclusion and diversity is a major benefit to our employees, our readers and viewers, and our company culture. We treat all applicants and employees fairly without regard to age, alienage or citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status and partnership status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion/creed, sexual orientation, arrest or conviction record, caregiver status, credit history, unemployment status, salary history, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking and sex offenses, status as a veteran or active military service member, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
VICE requires that all employees have proper authorization to work in the U.S. Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the New York City Fair Chance Act or other applicable laws.
*Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation. The requirements and essential functions described above are not an exhaustive list and instead are meant to describe the general nature and level of work required of the job. VICE reserves the right to modify the essential functions of this position where a legitimate business exists.