VICE seeks a Video Publishing Strategist to join our digital team to focus on distribution strategy across platforms such as YouTube, Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat.
The Video Publishing Strategist will use data to inform decisions and collaborate closely with content creators to ensure that our content is being released in the most optimal way across all of VICE’s social accounts. You'll navigate a dynamic and rapidly evolving environment with efficiency and maturity.
We’re looking for a boss who is enthusiastic about social media and all things VICE — someone who is a data-obsessed and mindful with the ability to communicate to a variety of audiences.
- Build programming strategies that build retentive audiences across platforms.
- Be a creative expert on how audience behaviors change from platform -to- platform: lead adaptation and extension of creative concepts across Facebook, Instagram and YouTube. Drive platform-specificity into the creative process.
- Help define a language around video optimization, and operationalize that reporting towards regular collaboration with video leadership and producers.
- Schedule and publish videos and links to some of the biggest brands on any social platform. Monitor discussions, posts, and comments across multiple YouTube channels, Facebook pages and other social media channels
- Have the foresight to anticipate issues in workflow or content performance and present manager with possible actionable solutions. Able to think outside the day-to-day to find creative scalable solutions (i.e., work smarter not harder).
- Partner with Tech, Product and Data teams to improve workflow.
- Use knowledge of online video to present our videos and links in the most shareable way, helping them to have the biggest reach and impact
- Create and implement a strategy for promoting VICE’s commercial and editorial video content across all VICE Facebook pages (U.S. and International) and YouTube Channels.
- Lead brainstorms and work cross-departmentally to create strategic and optimized video content
- Work cross-functionally to ensure the on-time delivery of 40+ pieces of short-form content and weekly long-form documentary and shows
- Execute experiments across social platforms and build a dynamic test and learn feedback loop between the biggest audiences and world-class creatives at VICE.
- 2 - 6 years of experience online writing/editing/curating on the web
- Understanding of the digital landscape and a proven interest in keeping up to date with developments in web platforms and applications
- Enthusiasm for experimenting with content and strategy to optimize for key metrics
- Knowledge of the online video ecosystems
- Extensive experience using platforms such as Tumblr, Vimeo, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and Reddit
- Deep understanding of how titling and thumbnails can affect a video’s performance
- Flexibility with prioritization and goals as roles and responsibilities may shift according to the needs of the business.
- No formal cover letters, please. Instead, include a few short paragraphs in your application explaining why you'd be a good fit for this position. We’d also like you to share 3-5 links to videos posted across VICE’s YouTube channels (published within the last year) that you think did really well on social media, and explain why.
If you require a reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Equal Employment Opportunities: VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create and maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion and diversity. At VICE, we understand that inclusion and diversity is a major benefit to our employees, our readers and viewers, and our company culture. We treat all applicants and employees fairly without regard to age, alienage or citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status and partnership status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion/creed, sexual orientation, arrest or conviction record, caregiver status, credit history, unemployment status, salary history, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking and sex offenses, status as a veteran or active military service member, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
VICE requires that all employees have proper authorization to work in the U.S. Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the New York City Fair Chance Act or other applicable laws.
- Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation. The requirements and essential functions described above are not an exhaustive list and instead are meant to describe the general nature and level of work required of the job. VICE reserves the right to modify the essential functions of this position where a legitimate business exists.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless otherwise indicated, VICE does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes