VICE seeks a Senior Data Analyst to join its Growth team. This role will be responsible for strategic support of the company's content efforts through new topic opportunity assessment, publishing and distribution forecasting, social listening, competitive analysis, and user behavioral analysis.
Senior leadership depends heavily on the Growth group to accurately goal, test and learn as well as lead the strategic analysis that is used to inform important business & content decisions.
The analyst position will work closely with the VP of Growth & Publishing. The role will be an integral member of the Growth team and be responsible for providing support and analysis across the breadth of work provided by the team.
A sample of work could include:
- Design and implement reports that track key business metrics and deliver actionable insights to internal partners.
- Build learning loops in which:
- user experiences generate insights used to drive growth and engagement across platforms.
- Global creatives can use immediate data sets from platforms to inform content strategy
- Grow the scale and engagement of VICE’s audience on all platforms, and create and measure OKRs against monthly, quarterly, and annual audience growth and loyalty objectives
- Collect and interpret data to allow for rapid product and content experimentation.
- Conducting market research, tracking and compiling industry trends and competitive analysis.
- Empathize with global audiences to identify meaningful data trends that will inform personalized experiences.
- Ownership of key metrics communications, like post-mortem analyses to determine areas for optimization and improvement.
- Creating insightful presentations that summarize analysis and presenting them to groups of VICE managers and executives to influence decision-making.
- Advise employees from other groups who are working on problems involving data.
- Not above or below data cataloging, monitoring, dashboard creation, ad-hoc reporting, data integrations, data mining, market research, and deep dive analyses measuring our various datasets.
- 4-6 years of experience in a top management consulting firm, investment bank, or a similarly demanding environment in which complex modeling and analysis are performed.
- High aptitude and enthusiasm for complex problem solving utilizing financial modeling and analysis, including great Excel skills.
- Comfort manipulating and analyzing large data sets from varying sources
- Answer questions by using appropriate statistical techniques on available data.
- Ability to balance a fast-paced working environment with the need for precision
- Ability to work both independently and cross-functionally within a team
- Deep experience and proficiency in Python and SQL.
- Very strong capabilities for writing, facilitating and presenting analyses
- Familiarity with social platforms' native insights offerings (Facebook Analytics, Google Analytics, Twitter Analytics, YouTube Analytics, etc.) and third-party tools like Tubular or CrowdTangle.
- You are a serial hypothesis tester who is skeptical of any insight until you thoroughly investigate the underlying data. You know how and where to spot emerging trends
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services / Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with an analysis tool such as R, MATLAB, or SAS
- Experience implementing, building with BI tools like Domo, Looker, Mode or Tableau
- Familiarity with fundamentals of social listening, and could use tools like Crimson Hexagon, Sysomos, Netbase, to drive insights.
- Understands how consumer behavior varies across different social networks
- Familiarity with the inner workings of news, content or native advertising organization
If you require a reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Equal Employment Opportunities: VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create and maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion and diversity. At VICE, we understand that inclusion and diversity is a major benefit to our employees, our readers and viewers, and our company culture. We treat all applicants and employees fairly without regard to age, alienage or citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status and partnership status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion/creed, sexual orientation, arrest or conviction record, caregiver status, credit history, unemployment status, salary history, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking and sex offenses, status as a veteran or active military service member, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
VICE requires that all employees have proper authorization to work in the U.S. Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the New York City Fair Chance Act or other applicable laws.
- Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation. The requirements and essential functions described above are not an exhaustive list and instead are meant to describe the general nature and level of work required of the job. VICE reserves the right to modify the essential functions of this position where a legitimate business exists.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless otherwise indicated, VICE does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes.