We are seeking an experienced Experiential Producer to join our fast growing experiential team. This Producer, reporting into the VP experiential is a strategic and creative contributor with over 8 years of hands on experience producing a broad range of experiential activations; both indoor & outdoor.
This Producer ensures an interdisciplinary process throughout each project and the delivery of outstanding experiences that are on time and on budget. A true team player, s/he will have an entrepreneurial spirit, thrive in fast paced environments and get shit done.
The producer will work in close collaboration with many functions from creative, sales, account management, design, production as well as 3rd party vendors to bring each activation from inception through to completion. S/he understands the art of collaboration and is capable of supporting and activating teams and team members in a productive, positive way. Good Vibes only!. Candidates should be well-versed in the core principles of producing: organization, budgeting, planning, communication and execution. Ideally, these fundamentals will be embodied in a person who demonstrates clear leadership skills, professional flexibility, good humor, and strong self-starting abilities.
- A DOER
- A practical, analytical, process driven multi-tasker
- Ability to manage several activations at once within a lean team
- Annoyingly organized and live or die by attention to detail
- Industrious and a problem solver
- A savvy logistics and production professional
- Passionate about popular culture and interested in how fandoms evolve and behave.
- Committed to creating best in class work on each and every project.
Responsible for creating and executing unique experiences through the transformation of physical spaces both indoor and outdoor.
- Direct execution and management of experiential and event productions across a wide variety of events to include Vice Owned IP, White label brand activations, Sponsorships, Trade and internal events
- Work with our venue production to produce branded events and activations within the space
- Create and manage complex event budgets, from conception to reconciliation and ensure profitability
- Create and update internal and external production related documents including but not limited to timelines, production budgets, production schedules, ROS, staff manuals, etc. using approved templates as required
- Source, manage and coordinate all 3rd party vendors, bidding out vendor quotes as needed and ultimately foster positive vendor relationships
- Lead the procurement of permits, civic documents and all other permits/paperwork for events
- Work cross-functionally across internal teams including; Strategy, Accounts, Design, and Operations
- Be proactive, managing projects through regular status updates with teams and clients to recognize dependencies, risks, and issues and escalate them, as needed, toward resolution
- Provide onsite lead production support for project execution
- Manage project staffing; hiring, training, and managing executional staff on experiential projects
- Assess and improve production processes during and after each activation.
- Reconcile all project budgets in real-time, and wrap all projects in a timely manner
- Responsible for delivering data, successes and learning’s to program team for client recaps post each event
THE CANDIDATE MUST BE:
- Passionate about entertainment, events and culture
- A detail-oriented process driven planner with the ability to multi-task across numerous simultaneous workflows, meet deadlines, manage upwards and downwards
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 8+ years in production, events, project management, production management, or related production role.
- Extensive network of production professionals and vendor contacts
- Deep expertise in production management; understanding of all production elements including technical production
- Experience working in media companies desired but not essential
- Track record of successfully managing teams and owning multi-million-dollar production budgets
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven, successful experience working in a fast paced, high pressurized environment on multiple deliverable-driven projects from concept to completion.
If you require a reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Equal Employment Opportunities: VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create and maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion and diversity. At VICE, we understand that inclusion and diversity is a major benefit to our employees, our readers and viewers, and our company culture. We treat all applicants and employees fairly without regard to age, alienage or citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status and partnership status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion/creed, sexual orientation, arrest or conviction record, caregiver status, credit history, unemployment status, salary history, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking and sex offenses, status as a veteran or active military service member, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
VICE requires that all employees have proper authorization to work in the U.S. Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the New York City Fair Chance Act or other applicable laws.
*Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation. The requirements and essential functions described above are not an exhaustive list and instead are meant to describe the general nature and level of work required of the job. VICE reserves the right to modify the essential functions of this position where a legitimate business exists.