VICE is the world’s preeminent youth media company and content creation studio. Launched in 1994, VICE now operates in over 30 countries and distributes its programming to viewers across digital, linear, mobile, film and socials. VICE includes an international network of digital channels; a weekly and daily news programming partnership with HBO; a television and feature film production studio; a magazine; a record label; an in-house creative services agency; a book-publishing division; and a newly launched TV network, VICELAND.
This role leads the sales efforts of one of VICE’s biggest growth areas in 2019. You represent the VICE portfolio of experiential offerings, both locally and nationally, working to maximize sales while building strong, enduring relationships with key contacts. Internally, you will champion the Villain brand and help extend Villain core offerings into the VICE ecosystem and help extend VICE programs into Villain when possible.
- Responsible for the Villain annual sales target as well as experiential component of VICE’s US business
- Develop robust experiential sales pipeline that meets and fulfills the revenue targets and margin profiles for this line of the VICE business
- Manage an in-market sales team member
- Serve as liaison between internal VICE Sales + Marketing teams and Villain producers to facilitate strong internal communication and enhance flawless executions of both sponsor and white label activations
- Create product offerings of Villain experiential for direct sales of the venue, extensions into VICE and VICE brand extensions into Villain
- Own the sales collateral direction, communication and distribution of Villain experiential offerings
- Assist in creation and execution of internal Villain events as needed
- Work with Villain staff to secure rates that enhance budgets and makes it easier for sales team to include on digital plans.
- Internal conduit for information and ticketing options for planned Villain events, providing options for the VICE+ sales team entertain guests and clients
- Strengthen VICE’s experiential offerings in market by representing the team in internal and external client meetings
- Deep dive into category and competitive research to up level current offerings and develop new offerings
- Maintain constant knowledge of industry news, current trends and integrated marketing strategies, events and stunts
- 7-10 years of sales experience with at least 2-3 years of selling experiential, fabrication and event management services
- Established relationships with experiential agencies and key contacts in the industry
- Demonstrated pattern of progression in taking on more responsibility
- Sound business and operational judgement paired with appreciation for journalism values
- Deep interest in evolving media space and eagerness to develop innovative paths toward success
- Enthusiasm for teamwork and commitment to integrity and honesty
- Ability to thrive in challenging and unstructured environments
- Three solid references that work for or have experience within experiential sales
Equal Employment Opportunities: VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create and maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion and diversity. At VICE, we understand that inclusion and diversity is a major benefit to our employees, our readers and viewers, and our company culture. We treat all applicants and employees fairly without regard to age, alienage or citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status and partnership status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion/creed, sexual orientation, arrest or conviction record, caregiver status, credit history, unemployment status, salary history, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking and sex offenses, status as a veteran or active military service member, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
VICE requires that all employees have proper authorization to work in the U.S. Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the New York City Fair Chance Act or other applicable laws.
*Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation. The requirements and essential functions described above are not an exhaustive list and instead are meant to describe the general nature and level of work required of the job. VICE reserves the right to modify the essential functions of this position where a legitimate business exists.