VICE’s purpose is to attract and empower the next generation of talent by creating a culture and workplace that reflects the values of our audience. The Community and Content Strategy team is enthusiastic, collaborative, and passionate about strengthening our diverse, driven, and provocative culture. The Project Manager will work as part of a team to involve the whole organization, as well as external partners, in Community initiatives. The Project Manager will support the Community Campaigns to authentically reflect the VICE culture, community, and audience. The VICE Community Project Manager is responsible for coordinating and communicating Community ERG Chairs’ and Committees’ work. The Project Manager is also tasked with taking actionable steps to organize and connect global VICE content to all Community Campaigns.
- Coordinate and help schedule consistent Community group meetings.
- Provide administrative support to the SVP related to calendar maintenance and processing invoices for Community related expenses
- Write and create content for monthly Community newsletter
- Coordinate with Community ERG Chairs and committees the roll out of monthly, quarterly and annual Community campaign initiatives across all VICE offices.
- Staff liaison to the Mentoring, LGBTQ+, POC and Women and Families Executive Chairs and Committees
- Develop and repurpose original content that align with campaign initiatives.
- Coordinate with the Communications Team to update staff on Community Committee initiatives and Campaigns.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree highly preferred in English, Social Sciences, etc.
- 1-2 years’ related experience
- Experience volunteering with non profit organizations highly preferred
- Passion for social justice and other matters such as the environment, mental health awareness etc.
- Strong organizational and writing skills
- Ability to build strong relationships with internal and external partners
If you require a reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Equal Employment Opportunities: VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create and maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion and diversity. At VICE, we understand that inclusion and diversity is a major benefit to our employees, our readers and viewers, and our company culture. We treat all applicants and employees fairly without regard to age, alienage or citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status and partnership status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion/creed, sexual orientation, arrest or conviction record, caregiver status, credit history, unemployment status, salary history, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking and sex offenses, status as a veteran or active military service member, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
VICE requires that all employees have proper authorization to work in the U.S. Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the New York City Fair Chance Act or other applicable laws.
*Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation. The requirements and essential functions described above are not an exhaustive list and instead are meant to describe the general nature and level of work required of the job. VICE reserves the right to modify the essential functions of this position where a legitimate business exists.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless otherwise indicated, VICE does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes.