VICE was launched in 1994 as a 'punk zine' and has since expanded into a leading global youth media company with bureaus in over 30 countries. VICE operates the world’s premier original online video destination, VICE.COM, an international network of digital channels, a television production studio, a magazine, a record label, an in-house creative services agency and a book-publishing division. VICE’s digital channels include Creators, dedicated to the arts and creativity, Motherboard, covering cultural happenings in technology, and Noisey, a music discovery channel. To date, VICE boasts over 60 established shows that cover everything from current events to sex to investigative reporting to music to kittens.
The Compensation Analyst role is in a fast paced environment that touches on many aspects of compensation. The role will interact and support HR Business Partners in the US and internationally.
- Assist with design and roll-out of new compensation programs, including communication and training.
- Participate in managing job architecture and pay banding
- Manage market survey system, participate in market surveys and analyze the results to assist with ongoing competitive analyses
- Perform market data analysis for hiring and promotion decisions
- Partner with HRBPs and HRIS team to administer the annual review process.
- Assist with equity program administration
- Conduct FLSA analysis in partnership with Legal and HRBPs.
- Perform ad hoc analyses as requested and participate in other projects as necessary.
- 3 years of experience in a relevant/related HR position, including at least 1 year of experience in Compensation
- Ability to proactively manage deadlines, and organize and prioritize deliverables
- Flexibility to juggle multiple tasks and shifting priorities
- Ability to work independently, and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a sensitivity to confidentiality
- Advanced Excel skills preferred; MarketPay experience a plus
- Knowledge of government regulations, FLSA, minimum wages etc.
- Have natural curiosity to understand the business and the broader rewards philosophy
- Combine analytic skills with an ability to think creatively and “outside the box” on compensation
Equal Employment Opportunities: VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create and maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion and diversity. At VICE, we understand that inclusion and diversity is a major benefit to our employees, our readers and viewers, and our company culture. We treat all applicants and employees fairly without regard to age, alienage or citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status and partnership status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion/creed, sexual orientation, arrest or conviction record, caregiver status, credit history, unemployment status, salary history, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking and sex offenses, status as a veteran or active military service member, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
VICE requires that all employees have proper authorization to work in the U.S. Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the New York City Fair Chance Act or other applicable laws.
*Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation. The requirements and essential functions described above are not an exhaustive list and instead are meant to describe the general nature and level of work required of the job. VICE reserves the right to modify the essential functions of this position where a legitimate business exists.