Vice is seeking a Tax Reporting Manager to join its Tax team and help with global tax compliance and provision, reporting to the VP, Tax.
Key responsibilities involve oversight of direct and indirect tax compliance on a global basis, primary responsibility for the company’s tax provision, and taking the initiative to move forward on a number of moving tax projects and initiatives. The position promises immediate responsibility, steady growth, and the chance to learn how to manage all aspects of a global multinational media company’s tax reporting and compliance function.
- Responsible for review and timely filing of domestic (including Federal, state and local) and international tax return compliance, including reporting international operations on U.S. Federal / state forms 5471/8858
- Prepare interim and annual tax provision and footnote disclosures required under ASC 740 for worldwide consolidated group. Calculate income tax for each of VICE’s foreign entities for GAAP reporting. Implement a new global tax technology system and process
- Assist in business planning including tax provisions and cash tax forecasts
- Manage global transfer pricing calculation, booking and settlement
- Work closely with the accounting and reporting teams to determine the proper treatment of transactions (g., acquisitions, intercompany transactions, intangibles, etc.)
- Secure state tax incentives and support film tax credit process by working with production and creative division
- Monitor and update state nexus/apportionment
- Oversee and manage tax audits and respond to notices, including gathering information, and assembling responses to auditor inquiries
- Maintain a tax calendar ensuring all domestic and relevant foreign tax due dates are met
- Responsible for indirect tax compliance (sales and use tax, VAT, GST) and strategy. Partner with the business to educate on potential cash savings and advising on transactions
- Advise and support VICE Payroll on variety of Federal and state tax matters (registration, stock comp, withholding requirements)
- Identify and implement tax department process improvements to ensure the accuracy and adequate documentation of all tax calculations, reports, and filings
- Identify and implement tax department process improvements to ensure the accuracy and adequacy of all tax calculations, reports, filings and documentation, and assist with departmental operations (tax technology, research resources and budget)
- Support film tax credit process by working with production and creative division
- CPA License required
- Bachelor’s in Accounting or Finance (advanced degree / Masters a plus)
- 6 years of relevant tax experience with a U.S.-based multinational corporation, public accounting firm (media sector experience a plus)
- Strong knowledge of MS Office applications (Excel) essential
- Ability to manage tax filings and projects on a day-to-day basis and complete them within appropriate time periods with expected results
- Strong oral, written and presentation skills and proven ability to work successfully in a team environment
- Detail-oriented, organized, with a very strong commitment to quality and accuracy
If you require a reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Equal Employment Opportunities: VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create and maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion and diversity. At VICE, we understand that inclusion and diversity is a major benefit to our employees, our readers and viewers, and our company culture. We treat all applicants and employees fairly without regard to age, alienage or citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status and partnership status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion/creed, sexual orientation, arrest or conviction record, caregiver status, credit history, unemployment status, salary history, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking and sex offenses, status as a veteran or active military service member, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
VICE requires that all employees have proper authorization to work in the U.S. Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the New York City Fair Chance Act or other applicable laws.
*Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation. The requirements and essential functions described above are not an exhaustive list and instead are meant to describe the general nature and level of work required of the job. VICE reserves the right to modify the essential functions of this position where a legitimate business exists.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless otherwise indicated, VICE does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes.