- Responsible for the News & Politics annual revenue target as well as experiential component of VICE’s US business, through sales of products tied to VICE Media Channels
- Develop robust experiential revenue pipeline that meets and fulfills the revenue targets and margin profiles for this line of the VICE business
- Serve as liaison between internal VICE Sales + Marketing teams and VICE News to facilitate strong internal communication and enhance flawless executions of both sponsored and bespoke for-hire activations
- Create product offerings with VICE News and VICE+ leadership for direct sales, extensions into VICE Media Channels, VICE Media Lines of Business and VICE brand extensions
- Own the sales collateral direction, communication and distribution of VICE News commercial offerings
- Work with VICE News staff to secure rates that enhance budgets and makes it easier for sales team to include on digital plans.
- Internal conduit for information and ticketing options for planning VICE News events, providing options for the VICE+ media sales team entertain guests and clients
- Strengthen VICE News’s experiential offerings in market by representing the team in internal and external client meetings
- Deep dive into category and competitive research to up level current offerings and develop new offerings
- Maintain constant knowledge of industry news, current trends and integrated marketing strategies, events and stunts
7-10 years of sales or business development experience with at least 3-5 years of taking news and politics media, content and experiences to market.
Established relationships with political and News-centric agencies and key contacts in the industry
Demonstrated pattern of progression in taking on responsibilities and management of programs, teams, events and platforms
Sound business and operational judgement paired with appreciation for journalism values
Deep interest in evolving media space and eagerness to develop innovative paths toward success
Enthusiasm for teamwork and commitment to integrity and honesty
Ability to thrive in challenging and unstructured environments
Three solid references that work for or have experience within news and politics sales.
If you require a reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Equal Employment Opportunities: VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create and maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion and diversity. At VICE, we understand that inclusion and diversity is a major benefit to our employees, our readers and viewers, and our company culture. We treat all applicants and employees fairly without regard to age, alienage or citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status and partnership status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion/creed, sexual orientation, arrest or conviction record, caregiver status, credit history, unemployment status, salary history, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking and sex offenses, status as a veteran or active military service member, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
VICE requires that all employees have proper authorization to work in the U.S. Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the New York City Fair Chance Act or other applicable laws.
*Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation. The requirements and essential functions described above are not an exhaustive list and instead are meant to describe the general nature and level of work required of the job. VICE reserves the right to modify the essential functions of this position where a legitimate business exists.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless otherwise indicated, VICE does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes.