VICE Media is the world’s preeminent youth media company and content creation studio. Launched in 1994, VICE Media now operates in over 30 countries and distributes its programming to viewers across digital, linear, mobile, film and social. VICE includes an international network of digital channels; a weekly and daily news programming partnership with HBO; a television and feature film production studio; a magazine; a record label; an in-house creative services agency; a book-publishing division; and a TV network, VICELAND.
VICE Media is seeking a Director, Strategic Partnerships to grow and evolve our existing digital business. You will deepen audience relationships, maximize monetization channels, and identify new opportunities across the rapidly changing digital ecosystem.
This high-impact role is at the center of VICE's efforts to secure, develop and monitor strategic partnerships. You will strengthen and diversify the brand, and position VICE Media at the forefront of digital innovation.
You will successfully nurture, grow and measure, key strategic partner relationships across the technology and digital platform space. Driving measurable results from these relationships and initiatives across the VICE Media business.
- Builds and maintains constructive relationships with a set of key platform partners across the technology and digital media space.
- You will identify, analyze, negotiate for and develop new partnership opportunities and strategic alliances that support growth objectives.
- Develop proposals, prepares and presents to key target partners.
- You will craft internal and external parties to explore capabilities, and ensure magnificent delivery of partnership obligations.
- You are going to cultivate relations across multiple industry functions to source and develop partnership opportunities.
- Structures and negotiates business partnerships, including deals and terms, licensing, promotion, and product partnerships.
- You will provide end-to-end leaderships on highly complex and visible strategic and operational initiatives. You're going to work with multiple cross-functional partners, translating goals and objectives into work plans and procedures.
- Interacts collaboratively within the organization at all levels to share information, transact business agreements and improve cross-departmental process, including the creation of standardized deal review processes and toolkits.
- You will drive measurable results against business critical metrics, and consistently optimizes, adapts and navigates ambiguity to meet objectives.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in a strategic digital partnership or management consulting role
- A consistent track record of establishing audience growth and engagement partnerships in the media or technology space
- Experience reviewing and negotiating deal terms, and working with partners to reach agreement on relationship and business fundamentals
- Proficiency in G Suite, or similar productivity tools, and collaborative project management software
- Real passion for the intersection of media and technology and a deep interest in the evolving media space.
- Enthusiasm for teamwork, dedication to integrity, transparency and honesty.
- Ability to thrive and navigate ambiguity in a rapid growth environment
If you require a reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Equal Employment Opportunities: VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create and maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion and diversity. At VICE, we understand that inclusion and diversity is a major benefit to our employees, our readers and viewers, and our company culture. We treat all applicants and employees fairly without regard to age, alienage or citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status and partnership status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion/creed, sexual orientation, arrest or conviction record, caregiver status, credit history, unemployment status, salary history, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking and sex offenses, status as a veteran or active military service member, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
VICE requires that all employees have proper authorization to work in the U.S. Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the New York City Fair Chance Act or other applicable laws.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation. The requirements and essential functions described above are not an exhaustive list and instead are meant to describe the general nature and level of work required of the job. VICE reserves the right to modify the essential functions of this position where a legitimate business exists.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless otherwise indicated, VICE does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes.