VICE is seeking an intellectually curious individual who is eager to dive into the various advertising pricing and analytics opportunities of our digital advertising business. The Senior Analyst, Strategy & Operations will serve the Commercial team through revenue optimization, by acting as the main point of contact for sophisticated, product-level yield analysis and modeling.
- Full leadership and oversight of utilization of ad supply, which includes proactive streamlining of product level analysis to regularly (as often as daily) understand inventory impression capacity and availability, as well as actualized data like sell-through rate, revenue and sold pricing
- Responsible for thoroughly delivering daily inventory and pricing requests from the Media Strategy and Sales teams, providing product recommendations, inventory trends, or alternative planning options
- Analyze ad product experiences and delivery with an eye towards protecting and developing high viewability and high brand safe user experiences. Monitor and analyze performance through campaign dashboards and readouts and provide strategic optimization alerts and recommendations.
- Collaborate with Finance and senior leadership to accurately model product level ad capacity, sell-through goals and revenue opportunities to inform overall annual commercial business revenue projections. Pivot and quantify these projections in ways that directly inform the content output responsible for creating revenue as well as team budgets
- Work with external media vendors and partners to create new ad inventory and supply for VICE, thus contributing to increasing revenue possibilities generated by ad sales.
- Work with the Media Strategy, Media Solutions and Sales teams to help create strong product level go-to-market strategies to help deliver on aforementioned revenue goals, establishing advertising on VICE as unique to brand partners and enabling the sales team to generate revenue opportunities.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- Strong analytical skills and ability to clearly synthesize large dataset into key insights.
- Fluent in excel with a proven background of creative problem-solving techniques
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and deadlines with strong attention to detail
- Education: BA/BS with majors in Business, Marketing, Statistics, or Economics
- 5+ years of digital advertising experience required, yield or analytical experience preferred.
- Strong communication skills: ability to translate quantitative details into clear, succinct summaries and recommendations for peers, sales, and executive audiences. Possess an ability to work effectively and interface with clients, sales team, and product/platform teams.
- Experience with Google Analytics, FreeWheel, Yieldex, Tableau/Domo strongly desired but not necessary.
- Background in digital ad operations, inventory/yield management. Deep familiarity (admin/manager experience) with DFP, or comparable ad-serving and order management systems (Operative)
- Excellent time management and attention to detail
- A proven ability to do both tactical work and set an overall strategy when working on a project.
If you require a reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Equal Employment Opportunities: VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create and maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion and diversity. At VICE, we understand that inclusion and diversity is a major benefit to our employees, our readers and viewers, and our company culture. We treat all applicants and employees fairly without regard to age, alienage or citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status and partnership status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion/creed, sexual orientation, arrest or conviction record, caregiver status, credit history, unemployment status, salary history, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking and sex offenses, status as a veteran or active military service member, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
VICE requires that all employees have proper authorization to work in the U.S. Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the New York City Fair Chance Act or other applicable laws.
*Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation. The requirements and essential functions described above are not an exhaustive list and instead are meant to describe the general nature and level of work required of the job. VICE reserves the right to modify the essential functions of this position where a legitimate business exists.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless otherwise indicated, VICE does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes.