The Creative department at VICE+ is a diverse team of entrepreneurial creatives who live and breathe culture and are passionate about the work we create. The team concepts, develops and pitches ideas for our brand partners, driving their vision through production, post production, distribution and activation. The team leverages the power and authenticity of the VICE voice to create award-winning programs for clients that are forward-thinking, socially conscious and culturally relevant.
- Lead a team of approximately 10 creatives and two creative directors, mentoring and growing direct reports and inspiring the entire team
- Develop and instill a distinct creative vision that is rooted in VICE values and the VICE code
- Ensure team members are immersed in culture, understand the VICE Voice, are familiar with VICE content
- Maintain excellent standards of communication so each creative can effectively communicate and advocate for their vision
- Create a positive, collaborative culture that encourages personal ingenuity, accountability and respect
- Help the team achieve creative excellence and unprecedented levels of output within a very demanding, sales-driven revenue organization
- Support VICE+ goals, including client renewals and increased conversion rate
- Be a beacon of creative and cultural inspiration for the entire VICE+ team
- Guide the team to closely analyze agency and client briefs, developing unique, culturally relevant ideas for videos, interactive, social, branded editorial, experiential events and more
- Help creatives effectively communicate their ideas in keynote slides, showing how ideas will reach brand and media KPIs and will succeed with the VICE audience
- Develop a process that ensures all ideas are reviewed and that creatives are continually learning and improving
- Lead your reports to maximum collaboration and accountability
- Ensure the quality and timeliness of every pitch submission
- Oversee execution of all sold creative concepts and programs, ensuring the highest quality creative output delivered within deadline and on budget
- Guide the creative team through the production process including pre, production and post
- Balance client and audience needs to ensure content and events will succeed with our audience and meet client KPIs
- Help the creative team achieve flawless collaboration with all post-sale teams, including production and account services
- 12+ years experience spanning creative direction, editorial, design, agency, film, events, branded content
- Strong understanding and experience in the production process (pre/production/post) and experience working closely with directors; a roster of directors is preferred but not necessary
- A history working with brands and leading creative teams to create successful, culturally relevant content
- Excellent public speaking and pitching skills
- Deep knowledge and interest in digital media, social media, content & technology
- Strong grasp of brand strategy
- Keynote expertise
- Passion, positivity, self-motivation, perseverance
- VICE is an incredibly fast-paced and creatively demanding environment and creatives will have to balance many projects at once with tight deadlines and production schedules
***You MUST submit a link to your work in order to be considered
Equal Employment Opportunities: VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create and maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion and diversity. At VICE, we understand that inclusion and diversity is a major benefit to our employees, our readers and viewers, and our company culture. We treat all applicants and employees fairly without regard to age, alienage or citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status and partnership status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion/creed, sexual orientation, arrest or conviction record, caregiver status, credit history, unemployment status, salary history, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking and sex offenses, status as a veteran or active military service member, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
VICE requires that all employees have proper authorization to work in the U.S. Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the New York City Fair Chance Act or other applicable laws.
*Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation. The requirements and essential functions described above are not an exhaustive list and instead are meant to describe the general nature and level of work required of the job. VICE reserves the right to modify the essential functions of this position where a legitimate business exists.