VICE is looking for an experienced, Product Manager, Analytics to lead cross-platform growth thinking on VICE’s product team. We’re seeking someone with a strong drive and desire to help the product team and its stakeholders understand the metrics and behaviors that define successful products. This role works across the entire product portfolio and plays a critical part in the creation of new products, development of features and driving optimization that enables VICE to create best in class software products.
Data - The Product Manager, Analytics will leverage a variety of data sources to determine performance against goals. S/he may use Amplitude to benchmark and track product KPIs, Adobe Analytics to understand viewer behavior as it relates to our video engagement, Google Analytics to understand content performance and a variety of other internal sources to track and understand how performance affects business outcomes. We expect a successful analytics product manager to not only be able to create event taxonomies, but also to be an advocate for improvements across our products, including adding and onboarding new data sources and collection methodologies.
Cross-functional collaboration - The Product Manager, Analytics will serve as key liaison between the product and engineering team and the company’s Business Intelligence and Growth teams. VICE’s Business Intelligence unit is tasked with gathering and organizing the company’s operational and financial data and turning that into actionable tools and insights for executives and operators. VICE’s Growth teams represent the regional audience development stakeholders tasked with driving audience growth. The PM will gather requirements, ticket required work, and relay status and progress
A/B testing - An ideal candidate will have experience designing and driving directed A:B testing using products like Google Optimize, as well as using organic insight and research to drive desired growth. The ideal candidate will be obsessed with optimization - but retain the ability to prioritize testing and iterative work based on actual value delivered to the business.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with each product manager to create KPI tracking for their products, and work with them to ensure iteration is building value over time, and to help define how each product contributes to core KPIs.
- Utilize qualitative and quantitative research techniques and user testing to drive at KPIs.
- Ability to isolate the minimum planning, design and engineering lifts required to perform successful tests with meaningful results.
- Facilitate communication and constant feedback with the program management team to be communicated to stakeholders.
- Keep constant communication and regular check-ins with the head of commercial product, to ensure KPIs and measurements change as strategic goals shift.
- Work efficiently with a team of developers, designers and user experience experts, cultivating a strong, collaborative working environment.
- Effectively work with remote teams.
- 2-5 years professional experience as a technical product manager.
- Experience with Web, native, server-side and client-side applications.
- Well versed in funnel optimization and data-driven decision-making.
- Experience working with a variety of product stakeholders, including technical and business teams.
- Knowledge of statistical methods required to isolate and understand meaningful changes from simple correlation and chance.
- Experience with tag managers like Google Tag Manager and Segment.
- Knowledge of the media industry and the macro-forces that govern it.
- Demonstrated success using data-driven decision making, as well as design thinking.
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- Otherworldly attention to detail.
- Experience working with diverse teams of engineers, designers, and QA within an Agile framework.
- Proficient project management skills and ability to meet aggressive deadlines.
- Proficient with software development and documentation tools such as Confluence, JIRA, Github and standard measurement platforms such as Google Analytics and Adobe Analytics
If you require a reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Equal Employment Opportunities: VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create and maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion and diversity. At VICE, we understand that inclusion and diversity is a major benefit to our employees, our readers and viewers, and our company culture. We treat all applicants and employees fairly without regard to age, alienage or citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status and partnership status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion/creed, sexual orientation, arrest or conviction record, caregiver status, credit history, unemployment status, salary history, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking and sex offenses, status as a veteran or active military service member, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
VICE requires that all employees have proper authorization to work in the U.S. Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the New York City Fair Chance Act or other applicable laws.
*Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation. The requirements and essential functions described above are not an exhaustive list and instead are meant to describe the general nature and level of work required of the job. VICE reserves the right to modify the essential functions of this position where a legitimate business exists.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless otherwise indicated, VICE does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes.