**Please note, this role is not officially approved and open at this time. This role is being posted to create a pipeline for opportunities in the near future.
VICE News is looking for a digital reporter to cover the global rise of authoritarians and what it means for democracy, both in the U.S. and abroad. This is one of the biggest and most important stories in global politics and a truly wide-ranging beat.
The ideal candidate should have a track record of reporting on international news and a history of reporting from the field. We’re looking for someone who is obsessed with world news, history, politics, and the new world of political propaganda. This is a multimedia beat, and requires at least an interest video, audio and multimedia formats. Experience in those formats is preferred.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Producing consistent and distinctive reporting including explainers, enterprise reporting, and investigative formats
- Communicating and collaborating with VICE News’ TV, digital video, and audio teams
- Collaborating on ambitious multimedia projects
- Reporting from the field
- At least 4 years of reporting experience, preferably covering international news
- Proven experience delivering scoops and differentiated coverage
- An aversion to clichés and boring writing
- Ability to work under pressure
- Familiarity with social media is a plus, as is a desire to work in a variety of formats
If you require a reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Equal Employment Opportunities: VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create and maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion and diversity. At VICE, we understand that inclusion and diversity is a major benefit to our employees, our readers and viewers, and our company culture. We treat all applicants and employees fairly without regard to age, alienage or citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status and partnership status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion/creed, sexual orientation, arrest or conviction record, caregiver status, credit history, unemployment status, salary history, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking and sex offenses, status as a veteran or active military service member, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
VICE requires that all employees have proper authorization to work in the U.S. Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the New York City Fair Chance Act or other applicable laws.
- Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation. The requirements and essential functions described above are not an exhaustive list and instead are meant to describe the general nature and level of work required of the job. VICE reserves the right to modify the essential functions of this position where a legitimate business exists.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless otherwise indicated, VICE does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes.