VICE News is looking for two politics reporters to help lead our coverage on the web.
You will have a track record of reporting standout political coverage and scoops. We’re not looking for the usual horse race stories; we’re looking for reporters who are ambitious and passionate about breaking through the noise of the 2020 political coverage. Particular emphasis will be placed on covering politics from new perspectives and in new formats.
This is a multimedia newsroom, so the position requires close collaboration with our TV and audio teams.
Roles and responsibilities:
- You will produce consistent and distinctive political reporting
- You will communicate and collaborate with VICE News’ TV, digital video, and audio teams
- You will collaborate on ambitious multimedia projects
- You will report from the field
- You have three plus years of reporting experience, preferably covering politics
- You have a confirmed experience delivering scoops and differentiated coverage
- you have an aversion to political clichés and boring writing
- You're able to work under tight deadlines
- You're familiar with social media is a plus, as is a dream to craft content in a variety of formats
We will only consider completed applications with a resume, cover letter, and links to published clips.
If you require a reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Equal Employment Opportunities: VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create and maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion and diversity. At VICE, we understand that inclusion and diversity is a major benefit to our employees, our readers and viewers, and our company culture. We treat all applicants and employees fairly without regard to age, alienage or citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status and partnership status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion/creed, sexual orientation, arrest or conviction record, caregiver status, credit history, unemployment status, salary history, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking and sex offenses, status as a veteran or active military service member, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
VICE requires that all employees have proper authorization to work in the U.S. Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the New York City Fair Chance Act or other applicable laws.
- Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation. The requirements and essential functions described above are not an exhaustive list and instead are meant to describe the general nature and level of work required of the job. VICE reserves the right to modify the essential functions of this position where a legitimate business exists.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless otherwise indicated, VICE does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes.