VICE News is looking for an experienced reporter to help lead our political coverage on our digital platforms. The position will focus on enterprise coverage, particularly on congressional investigations and the 2020 election.
You will have a track record of producing standout coverage, especially scoops and enterprise stories. We’re looking for reporter who’s ambitious, passionate, and wants to break through the noise of the 2020 coverage. Particular emphasis will be placed on covering politics from new viewpoints and in new formats.
This is a multimedia newsroom, so this position requires close collaboration with our TV, digital video, and audio teams.
Roles and responsibilities:
- You're regularly delivering enterprise coverage in addition to occasional day stories
- You will help grow and broaden VICE News political coverage on all platforms
- You will communicate and collaborate with VICE News’ TV, digital video, and audio teams
- You will collaborate on ambitious multimedia projects
- You have five plus years of experience covering politics in a variety of formats
- You have a shown experience delivering scoops and differentiated coverage
- You have an aversion to political clichés and boring writing
- You're able to work under tight deadlines
- You're familiar with social media is a plus, as is a dream to craft content
If you require a reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Equal Employment Opportunities: VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create and maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion and diversity. At VICE, we understand that inclusion and diversity is a major benefit to our employees, our readers and viewers, and our company culture. We treat all applicants and employees fairly without regard to age, alienage or citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status and partnership status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion/creed, sexual orientation, arrest or conviction record, caregiver status, credit history, unemployment status, salary history, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking and sex offenses, status as a veteran or active military service member, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
VICE requires that all employees have proper authorization to work in the U.S. Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided.