VICE News is looking for a senior editor to help elevate and guide our political coverage on our digital platforms. The position is a blend of enterprise reporting, editing daily coverage, leading reporters, and coordinating and collaborating with VICE News’ TV operations and multimedia projects.
You should have a track record of editing standout political coverage and leading an ambitious staff with a diversity of perspectives and strengths. We’re looking for an editor who is ambitious and passionate and wants to break through the noise of the 2020 political coverage. Particular emphasis will be placed on covering politics from new viewpoints and in new formats.
This is a multimedia newsroom, so this position requires close collaboration with our TV and audio teams.
Roles and responsibilities:
- You will lead a staff of political reporters and coordinate with VICE News’ digital team
- You will communicate and collaborating with VICE News’ TV and audio teams
- You will collaborate on ambitious multimedia projects
- You have three plus years of experience as an editor, preferably editing political coverage
- You have a shown experience delivering scoops and differentiated coverage
- You have an aversion to political clichés and boring writing
- You're able to work under tight deadlines
- You're familiar with social media is a plus, as is a dream to craft content in a variety of formats
If you require a reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Equal Employment Opportunities: VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create and maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion and diversity. At VICE, we understand that inclusion and diversity is a major benefit to our employees, our readers and viewers, and our company culture. We treat all applicants and employees fairly without regard to age, alienage or citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status and partnership status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion/creed, sexual orientation, arrest or conviction record, caregiver status, credit history, unemployment status, salary history, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking and sex offenses, status as a veteran or active military service member, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
VICE requires that all employees have proper authorization to work in the U.S. Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the New York City Fair Chance Act or other applicable laws.
- Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation. The requirements and essential functions described above are not an exhaustive list and instead are meant to describe the general nature and level of work required of the job. VICE reserves the right to modify the essential functions of this position where a legitimate business exists.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless otherwise indicated, VICE does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes.