The VICE Archival research and licensing team is looking to hire a Temp Archival Assistant to act as administrative support for the digital, branded, VICELAND and film lines of business.
- Track annual footage and photography subscription usage and execute billing accordingly
- Process and track department’s invoices, working regularly with accounting
- Maintain an organized database of all releases and media files for the department
- Advise creative teams and producers of copyright and clearance protocol; handle regular internal training and liaising for access to our third-party vendor services
- Coordinate within the licensing department to ensure all content is 100% clear
- Assist with obtaining footage and photography assets for VICE programming
EXPERIENCE / EDUCATION:
- Impeccable attention to detail and organizational skills a must!
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience in related field (licensing, rights management) preferred
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Strong research abilities and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of MAC environment
- Working knowledge of Google docs environment
- Ability to create visual analytics from data sets to present to supervisors
- Must be able to work in a multi-discipline collaborative environment
- Must be proficient in excel / numbers
- Passion for documentary programming and a strong sense of visual storytelling a plus
If you require a reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Equal Employment Opportunities: VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create and maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion and diversity. At VICE, we understand that inclusion and diversity is a major benefit to our employees, our readers and viewers, and our company culture. We treat all applicants and employees fairly without regard to age, alienage or citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status and partnership status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion/creed, sexual orientation, arrest or conviction record, caregiver status, credit history, unemployment status, salary history, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking and sex offenses, status as a veteran or active military service member, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
VICE requires that all employees have proper authorization to work in the U.S. Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the New York City Fair Chance Act or other applicable laws.
*Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation. The requirements and essential functions described above are not an exhaustive list and instead are meant to describe the general nature and level of work required of the job. VICE reserves the right to modify the essential functions of this position where a legitimate business exists.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless otherwise indicated, VICE does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes.