VICE Media is the world’s preeminent youth media company and content creation studio. Launched in 1994, VICE Media now operates in over 30 countries and distributes its programming to viewers across digital, linear, mobile, film and social. VICE includes an international network of digital channels; a weekly and daily news programming partnership with HBO; a television and feature film production studio; a magazine; a record label; an in-house creative services agency; a book-publishing division; and a TV network, VICELAND.
Director of Customer Acquisition & Retention will oversee all VICE Digital’s transactional marketing efforts to drive conversions to app downloads & subscribers, ticket sales, and other consumer revenue focused outcomes. You will be the primary marketing liaison across internal and external teams while owning development, execution and reporting of performance marketing activities for VICE’s digital business. You will be able to build and execute strategies for each market target and marketing channel to achieve an overall business performance goal. You're an organized, consumer marketer with strong interpersonal skills and history of success leading performance driven marketing launches.
- Responsible for 7-figure revenue target against consumer revenue streams with specific targets for app downloads, subscribers, and ticket sales
- Craft briefs, provide feedback, and act as primary liaison to internal creative & design teams
- You will run a small team to operate social, search, email, and push marketing channels
- As part of the leadership team for emerging products & experiences group, provide strategic mentorship on direction and strategy of offerings from a customer growth perspective
- You will lead planning and development of DTC launch campaigns. Set and run marketing budget, performance goals and media plans
- Implement tracking and monitoring of campaign performance in flight and post campaign
- You will actively optimize and course correct campaigns in flight towards marketing goals and meaningful metrics
- Establish and implement the processes and procedures to run the project from planning to execution
- Build and sustain partnerships with internally and externally facing partners to garnish project support and agreement
- You extract and share consumer insights and business findings from analyzing marketing activities
- 5-7 years in B2C marketing, with a track record of crafting, planning and executing customer acquisition & retention campaigns to drive transformative business results
- Deep channel expertise across the entire marketing mix including offline and online channels
- Intimate understanding and application of performance marketing tactics and attribution methodologies
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to project manage/prioritize multiple projects at a time
- Self-starter who can power through ambiguity and thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic start-up environment
If you require a reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Equal Employment Opportunities: VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create and maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion and diversity. At VICE, we understand that inclusion and diversity is a major benefit to our employees, our readers and viewers, and our company culture. We treat all applicants and employees fairly without regard to age, alienage or citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status and partnership status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion/creed, sexual orientation, arrest or conviction record, caregiver status, credit history, unemployment status, salary history, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking and sex offenses, status as a veteran or active military service member, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
VICE requires that all employees have proper authorization to work in the U.S. Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the New York City Fair Chance Act or other applicable laws.
- Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation. The requirements and essential functions described above are not an exhaustive list and instead are meant to describe the general nature and level of work required of the job. VICE reserves the right to modify the essential functions of this position where a legitimate business exists.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless otherwise indicated, VICE does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes.