The Audio Visual Manager is responsible for planning and operating VICE’s internal AV network reliably and at scale including networking, audio, video, audio & video conferencing and webcasting for different types of meetings and events. You work closely with customers to deliver an excellent meeting, conference, and working experience. As the leader of the team, you have a direct impact on design and feature enhancements to keep our systems running smoothly. You also ensure that AV operations are safe and efficient by monitoring network performance, coordinating planned maintenance, adjusting hardware components and responding to AV connectivity issues. VICE’s complex AV network generates a constant stream of challenges which require you to continually be innovative with an evolving set of technologies.
As the team lead, you'll have responsibilities over the technology life-cycle of AV infrastructure for VICE, focusing on delivering and managing the network reliability and uptime. You will participate in an on-call schedule with other members of the team providing third-tier support and solving complex challenges as they arise.
- Deliver infrastructure to VICE offices to support their on-premises AV needs.
- Manage the full technology life-cycle, conducting end-to-end activities (i.e. requirements gathering, equipment qualification, network design, process planning, implementation, and expert support).
- Utilize coding skills to automate workflows (e.g. provisioning, operations, design integrity).
- Use technical judgment to drive project delivery and technology reviews.
- Provide leadership and contribute to initiatives across all technical verticals
- Demonstrate extensive knowledge of audiovisual equipment including analog/digital audio mixers, wireless microphone systems, seamless video switchers, and projectors/displays
- Possess an understanding of Crestron control, and hardware endpoints
- Basic knowledge of data networking principles, architecture, and applications
- BA/BS degree in a technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in implementing and/or supporting AV networks, equipment and software systems and experience with change-management control policies.
- Audio:4-24 channel analog/digital mixers, wireless microphone lavaliers and handhelds, push to talk microphone systems, audio recorders
Video: Switchers, projectors, LCD displays, Crestron DM/NVX systems
Control: Familiarity with Crestron control systems and associated hardware
- Experience leading team members
- Experience with modern tools and coding to drive efficiencies through automation.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities in a busy operations environment and work towards strategic business goals.
- Flexible, long, and weekend hours sometimes required
- Ability to move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects up to 25 pounds without assistance
- Ability to reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping
- Ability to stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time
- Ability to climb and work on a ladder for lengthy periods of time
If you require a reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Equal Employment Opportunities: VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create and maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion and diversity. At VICE, we understand that inclusion and diversity is a major benefit to our employees, our readers and viewers, and our company culture. We treat all applicants and employees fairly without regard to age, alienage or citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status and partnership status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion/creed, sexual orientation, arrest or conviction record, caregiver status, credit history, unemployment status, salary history, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking and sex offenses, status as a veteran or active military service member, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
VICE requires that all employees have proper authorization to work in the U.S. Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the New York City Fair Chance Act or other applicable laws.
*Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation. The requirements and essential functions described above are not an exhaustive list and instead are meant to describe the general nature and level of work required of the job. VICE reserves the right to modify the essential functions of this position where a legitimate business exists.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless otherwise indicated, VICE does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes.