VICE is the world’s preeminent youth media company and content creation studio. Launched in 1994, VICE now operates in over 30 countries and distributes its programming to hundreds of millions of viewers each month across digital, linear, mobile, film and socials. VICE includes an international network of digital channels; a television and feature film production studio; a magazine; a record label; an in-house creative services agency; a book-publishing division; and an international TV network, VICELAND.
VICE's award-winning programming has been recognized by the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences, Peabody Awards, Canadian Screen Award, Sundance Film Festival, PEN Center, Cannes Lions, Frontline Club, Knight Foundation, American Society of Magazine Editors, LA Press Club, and Webby Awards, among others.
JOB TITLE: Sales Account Executive (Client Partner)
REPORTS TO: VP, Client Partnerships, Canada
OVERVIEW: VICE is seeking a sales executive to be part of revenue driven, client centric media and content sales team and oversee relationships with some of the largest media holding companies in Canada. Reporting to the VP of sales in Toronto, the client partner will champion the brand and client solutions within their territory, be responsible for achieving quarterly sales targets.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Understand, analyze and advocate all facets of the Vice media product offering
- Hit quarterly personal and team revenue goals through media, content, sponsorship, and experiential sales via media agencies and brands direct
- Be the highest level point of contact for the holding company, and maintain excellent relationship with all points of contact within the portfolio.
- Consistently develop account strategies to expand and optimize sales territory – consistently understanding client capacity, needs and opportunities.
- Negotiate business contracts as necessary
- Assess territory risks and mitigation plans
- Generate opportunities weekly, via RFPs through specified media agencies - and brand direct.
- Oversee the development of our responses to these briefs, via media plans and presentations.
- Present responses to clients and also educate marketplace on VICE offering
- Work collaboratively with all internal departments across creative, media strategy, publishing, production to develop ideas and proposals.
- 5-7+ years in media sales
- Expert in media strategy, custom content, and social distribution and activation
- Expert in media and advertising industry, and what youth media publishers are doing in the marketplace
- Deep understanding of VICE ecosystem and brand ethos
- Management experience
- Excited to be part of a team, with a team revenue goal
- Has high level relationships across media agencies, holding companies and target brands
- Ability to excel in a team environment
- Service-focused, responsible and accountable
- Highly proficient in Keynote
- Highly organized and solutions driven
- Excellent, timely communication skills
- Salesforce experience a plus
***This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended as an employment contract, nor is it intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of Vice Media are expected to perform tasks assigned by supervisory personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties***
If you do not hear back from us within one month of applying then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Thank you once again for applying and we wish you success in your future career.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement:
VICE provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, creed, colour, religion, gender, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic predisposition or carrier status, military status, veteran status, and any other classification protected by law. For questions or concerns please contact email@example.com.
Vice strives to provide equal access to our premises and to communicate with individuals in a manner that is accessible to all of our customers, and respects the dignity and independence of people with disabilities. For questions or concerns please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.