The Benefits Analyst will be part of Vice’s global Total Rewards team. Central to the role is driving and implementing processes and programs connected to our benefits strategy by assisting employees with benefits enrollment and questions, managing insurance billing, You will also support employee assistance, compliance, budgeting, open enrollment and other benefits projects as needed.
- Assist with the administration of various employee benefits programs, such as group health, flexible spending accounts, dental and vision, accident and disability, life insurance, 401(k), and wellness benefits
- Help conduct benefits orientations and explain benefits enrollment
- Work effectively with our HRIS technology Workday to maintain employee benefits and ensure benefits changes are entered appropriately
- Open enrollment support including timelines, employee communications, information sessions, testing and ensuring data accuracy
- Reconcile benefits billing statements and conduct monthly audits to identify and correct discrepancies
- Work with payroll on tracking benefit deductions
- COBRA administration assistance
- Respond to employee inquiries
- Work with vendors ensuring customer service levels are met
- Stay informed on industry developments and regulatory updates
- Develop an understanding of Vice’s competitive position on benefits offerings and make recommendations to strengthen those specific to our employee population
- Enter and maintain data with a high degree of accuracy
- Produce reports and analyses, as needed both on an ongoing and ad hoc basis
- Have both a strong curiosity to learn and a drive for continual improvement
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of work experience
- 4 + years in HR and at least 3 years in US benefits experience
- Strong Microsoft Office skills – specifically MS Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with experience in developing effective employee communications
- Strong analytical skills
- Collaborative team member with excellent attention to detail and strong sense of urgency and follow through
- Strong Workday experience preferred
- Working knowledge of current employment and benefits laws
- Ability to handle confidential employee information with discretion & good judgment
Equal Employment Opportunities: VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create and maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion and diversity. At VICE, we understand that inclusion and diversity is a major benefit to our employees, our readers and viewers, and our company culture. We treat all applicants and employees fairly without regard to age, alienage or citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status and partnership status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion/creed, sexual orientation, arrest or conviction record, caregiver status, credit history, unemployment status, salary history, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking and sex offenses, status as a veteran or active military service member, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
VICE requires that all employees have proper authorization to work in the U.S. Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the New York City Fair Chance Act or other applicable laws.
*Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation. The requirements and essential functions described above are not an exhaustive list and instead are meant to describe the general nature and level of work required of the job. VICE reserves the right to modify the essential functions of this position where a legitimate business exists.