Vice Media seeks a motivated, expert accountant to join our Digital Finance team. You will have a CPA/ CPA eligible and public accounting experience. This position will support the Controllership and business leads and involve a mix of month-end close functions, management reporting, and business support.About You
Undergraduate degree in accounting, finance or other business related field required. (Graduate degree in Accounting or similar subject matter is highly desirable) Path to CPA is required.
- 3-4 years of professional experience
- Public / Private accounting experience
- Strong knowledge of GAAP accounting required
- Experience communicating accounting issues and determinations to senior level managers
- Strong excel skills, including pivot tables and VLOOKUPs
- Ability to learn quickly and apply accounting guidance to new and varied types of transactions
- Assist in month and close and prepare certain balance sheet reconciliation
- Providing ad-hoc reports to business management department managers
- Providing monthly analytics and review support
- Working directly with the business to support project control and ensure accuracy over monthly financial reporting
- Other duties as needed
To be successful, you will be motivated by the desire to help the Company as a whole to reach its business and financial objectives. She or he will be a self-starter, and have strong written, verbal, interpersonal and communication skills. Specific personal characteristics include:
- Ability to thrive in a team-work oriented environment. At the same time, be able to engage in vigorous debate while always treating others with the highest level of mutual respect. Bring unselfish, “ego-less” attitude to the team.
- Willing to roll up his or her sleeves to assist in getting the job done in a timely fashion, and to overcome unexpected obstacles.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Maintain an environment which fosters and rewards continuous learning and innovation.
- Works well with all of the technologies relating to finance, accounting, analytics, business intelligence and customer billing practices.
If you require a reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Equal Employment Opportunities: VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create and maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion and diversity. At VICE, we understand that inclusion and diversity is a major benefit to our employees, our readers and viewers, and our company culture. We treat all applicants and employees fairly without regard to age, alienage or citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status and partnership status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion/creed, sexual orientation, arrest or conviction record, caregiver status, credit history, unemployment status, salary history, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking and sex offenses, status as a veteran or active military service member, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
VICE requires that all employees have proper authorization to work in the U.S. Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the New York City Fair Chance Act or other applicable laws.
*Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation. The requirements and essential functions described above are not an exhaustive list and instead are meant to describe the general nature and level of work required of the job. VICE reserves the right to modify the essential functions of this position where a legitimate business exists.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless otherwise indicated, VICE does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes.